1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Bad Trader Alert - mikeyv35

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by suspect, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Personally, I prefer wAleWatcher.

2. BdubleEdubleRUN

BdubleEdubleRUN Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 California

dad?

3. dvelcich

dvelcich Zealot (605) Feb 6, 2008 Illinois

If we did officially say, "Two weeks without a response or an update is grounds for a Potential Bad Trader thread," don't you think that would help? Right now, we're just at, "I'll respond whenever I can/have the time/feel like it."

GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  4. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota

Wow, am I glad I didn't end up trading with this guy. Had a potential trade set up but I couldn't get the beer he was looking for. Thank God. I was gonna send him a box anyways, but I decided not to. I made the right choice. Thanks for calling this dude out.

5. MarkIntihar

If I agree, will Andre not smash me? Because then I agree... :grimacing:

On a more serious note, I'm not sure if that would really help, for a couple of reasons:
    1. Most people who end up having "Bad Trader Alerts" posted about them are not very active in the forums, so who knows if they will even see the blanket warning. I'm noticing more and more that the people who end up arguing over what constitutes a bad trader (on both sides) are never listed in the "BTA" threads...
    2. Again, there is some responsibility on the side of the person who is waiting to hear back to use more than just BA as a means of communicating. There's a reason that you exchange phone numbers and email addresses beyond just filling out a FedEx form. A "BTA" post without trying at least a couple methods of communication seems a bit "jump the gun"-ish to me.

MordorMongo and HopDropandRoll like this.
  6. dvelcich

dvelcich Zealot (605) Feb 6, 2008 Illinois

Come on bro, you and Andre would be a great match. I'd dish out the pay-per-view fee for that one. :slight_smile:

I have never and will never offer my phone number or email address for a trade. I deal with beer on BA, not through Boost or Yahoo. If my reputation here isn't good enough for someone, I just won't trade with that person.

7. johndoe8

johndoe8 Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2010 California

i think the thread is fine. mikeyv35 can come to defend himself, and if it all works out, he won't make it on the bad trader list. the guy has a right to be worried.

8. MarkIntihar

I envision a chokeslam in my future...

I hear ya, but I think at this point you're in the minority on that one.

Mojo likes this.
  9. badbeer

badbeer Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2005 Iowa

Hmm. I just completed a trade with him a couple weeks ago. Everything went fine. Good communication, agreed upon beers plus extras.

Hopefully he'll come through for you.

dvelcich likes this.
  10. cosmo4u

cosmo4u Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2010 New York
    Trader

you pay your phone bill over the phone? thats just trippy

almost forgot...:wink:

dvelcich and AleWatcher like this.
  11. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2009 Illinois

I pay my phone bill by credit card over the phone...
    Then I pay my credit card bill over the phone via instant transfer.

What an age to be alive!

MarkIntihar likes this.
  12. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

Lesson learned is that communication is the cornerstone of successfully mailing alcoholic beverages in boxes across the country to strangers.

13. MasterSki

MasterSki Grand Pooh-Bah (4,824) Dec 25, 2006 Canada (ON)
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I thought it was MaleWatcher?

14. suspect

suspect Savant (1,079) Apr 12, 2010 New York

I apologize if I jumped the gun. I'm not a pro at getting jerked around in trades because out of all of the trades I've made, they've all been awesome. I guess if anything I learned that I should have called first. That's my fault and next time, I'll call. Until then, I'll keep everyone posted as to when and if I get the package or a tracking number.

15. marine1975

marine1975 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2009 North Carolina

I'm with the OP....I have 0 tollerace for lack of communication. I can except a deleayed shipment or something has come up and it may be awhile. But I shouldn't be chasing the guy down he should be keeping me up to date, If I may toot my own horn here...I spent a night in the burn center in Winston-Salem but still made contact with some trades that I had set up and let them know that I may be a day late. I actually ended up shipping on time packing with one hand and my wife assisting made it happen. Plain and simple how people differ on lines of cummunication various greatly. I'm big on it. I give alot but expect alot in return. Truth be know it's not that hard and takes very little time. I almost think the good communicators bring a level of respect into it.

Stepping off my box now....

Cheers,
    Shane

FYI...These Foothills Seeing Doubles will sneek up on ya!

16. MasterSki

You guys do realize that Mikey lives on Staten Island about a half mile from the Hudson River, right? He may have better things to do right now than chime in on this thread. I'm not trying to justify his previous lateness or lack of communication but piling on while his home is under siege from the elements isn't in very good taste.

17. glitchedmind

glitchedmind Initiate (0) May 8, 2012 California

(that was from this morning)
    If he can peruse for trade threads, his home is fine.
    I love how the excuses come flying out for a friend or trading partner when a bad trader thread pops up.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  18. MasterSki

Fair enough, but would you really want him to ship out your trade box today? :wink:

His lack of communication isn't excusable and the OP's concerns completely understandable. It's just unlikely that you'll get much of a response in the near future when large swaths of NYC are without electricity.

gpawned, AleWatcher and claaark13 like this.
  19. MarkIntihar

I know, right?!? It's almost like knowing someone in person helps you gain a better understanding of their character! What a crock of shit!

daryk77, Auror, dvelcich and 2 others like this.
  20. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2010 Indiana

He just wants some communication, then the beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.