1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Backacre Golden Sour - Basic Info

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Kurmaraja, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Initiate (0) May 21, 2013 California
    Trader

Just recently heard of this beer - I'm behind the times - and it sounds super intriguing. Look for basic info such as price, how easy it is to obtain in Vermont, number of bottles released, etc. It doesn't seem super hyped and there aren't a lot of trades posted for it ... but those that are posted seem to put it in the same realm as Beatification, Fantasia, Peche n' Brett, etc. Is that about right in terms of trade ammo or is it overkill?

2. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

Normally only in southern VT for $15ish for a 750. Not even close to the beers that you listed , closer to a tart Logson brew.

3. bahnfire

bahnfire Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2011 Vermont

Yeah $15/per. The 3 stores in the state that sell it all have limits of either 2-4 per/person. I can say it personally takes me more effort to get some Backacre bottles than growlers/bottles from HF. It is a 4 hour round trip to get Backacre, and that is assuming it is in stock.

4. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Initiate (0) May 21, 2013 California
    Trader

Sorry , clarification: I didn't mean comparable in flavor, but that these are the types of beers it trades for.

5. Jwale73

Jwale73 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,942) Aug 15, 2007 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's a pretty solid beer. When I am in Southern VT, I try to include a side trip to grab a few bottles. It's not crazy sour, but I really enjoy the toasted oak that comes out. I feel like I've been paying $18 for a 750ml.

6. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

It's kind of a pain to get. As mentioned, it's only sold in a few stores, and it's usually limit 2 or 4 per person. As also mentioned, it's not always in stock. The stores it's sold in are in Southern VT though, a few hours from where you can find Lawson's/HF/Topper, so it's often overlooked, but is a world class sour IMO.

7. Tbub18

Tbub18 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 New York

Sorry to dig this back up but didn't want to create another thread (there was one before this as well) but what are we looking at in terms of bottle counts? I tried this beer with a buddy in Montpelier (@ Three Penny) but it was consumption only and Hunger Mountain/other nearby places didn't have it. Been looking for a bottle ever since but there doesn't seem to be many people trading them (or searching for one for that matter). I'm guessing there isn't a whole of being produced?

8. ResIpsaLoquitur

ResIpsaLoquitur Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2010 New York
    Trader

It's only distributed to the stores periodically and no.not an enormous amount is produced.

9. Hopheadhiker

Hopheadhiker Pundit (960) Mar 21, 2013 New York
    Trader

The places in southern VT get it the most. I have picked it up at Meuleman's Craft Drafts which is near Manchester. Limit 2 per person. $17.50 (price has gone up). They have a beermenus page that they update weekly. When I went last week, I also grabbed a Cantillon Classic Gueuze, 3F Oude Geuze, among others.

Tbub18 and Jwale73 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.