Aussie X-mas beers

Discussion in 'Australia' started by danieelol, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danieelol

danieelol Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

First of all Merry Christmas and a ho ho ho to all Aussie BAs

Anyone planning to open some amazing Winter Warmers or spiced beers (or other craft beers) over the Christmas period, or is it the standard Sauv Blanc, Shiraz, Eggnog and VB?

I will be playing it by ear, maybe go with wine or Cantillon or SN Celebration if I can find some.

2. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2011 Canada (BC)

Cantillon Gueze all the way for me.

3. dgilks

dgilks Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2008 Australia

Too right.

4. danieelol

Chardonnay, Celebration, My Antonia and PostRoad (Brooklyn) Pumpkin Ale

5. dgilks

dgilks Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2008 Australia

Now for what I'm actually serving. So much of this is dependent on what is being consumed. Here it is a slow roasted pork with some summery salads.

This means cider, bubbles and hops to cut the fat and refresh the palate. So:

Brown Brothers Patricia Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling
    Ciderie D'Anneville Tradition Cider
    Napoleone & Co Pear Cider
    Ballast Point Big Eye IPA
    De Ranke Cuvée de Ranke

danieelol likes this.
  6. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2008 Australia

Merry Christmas to all of you. Hope everybody enjoys the day with their families or in my case adopted family here, my GF's parents Looks like a good day for beer tomorrow with much more mild temps for Sydney, Melbourne and where I am in Adelaide.
    Beer wise for me............ Tonight Cantillon Fou Foune followed by a big brash BA stout.
    Tomorrow at Christmas lunch a Coopers Sparkling. Christmas night, an A&T followed by a beer that crushes dreams.

7. hawthorne00

hawthorne00 Devotee (331) Nov 23, 2010 Australia

Yes, Merry Christmas all.

My dear parents have got some Grolsch in specially, so beer's sorted. Sigh. Perhaps I'll take a La Sirene Saison Noel along. I've a lot of really appealing stuff on hand, but we're a bit short on beer drinkers. So I'll probably go with what has become standard at Christmas: Foxey's Hangout Sparkling Shiraz.

8. goodbyesoberday

goodbyesoberday Initiate (0) May 12, 2005 Australia

I save the winter warmers and spiced beers for winter (if ever), though at least tomorrow will be a cool one.

Unfortunately I have nothing special planned for consumption. Just White Rabbit dark & white and some Little Creatures pilsner & pale.

But I have bought my father-in-law a couple of Bridgeports and a Green Flash.

9. Parrotshake

Parrotshake Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2008 Australia

Yeah, no winter warmers as such. Taking whatever's on hand. Got some Hop Hog, Carolus Hopsinjoor and Women Of Beer Hildegarde. Couple of bottles of some rad barrel-fermented SA Gewurtztraminer too.

10. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Pooh-Bah (1,814) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Merry Christmas everyone! It's raining here in Taree, so that might mean skipping a trip to the beach later on. Beer wise I've brought all small format stuff: Scotty Karate, Feral Smoked Porter and some older Coopers Vintage Ales from heygeebee and a few other things.

Hope you all enjoy!

11. spicelab

spicelab Savant (1,223) Nov 6, 2009 Australia

Abundant red wine,
    La Sirene Saison Noel,
    Bourbon County Stout with pudding/dessert.

danieelol likes this.
  12. Parrotshake

Parrotshake Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2008 Australia

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to you all as well, geez. I have to go to work tonight, my Christmas lunch proper is on Thursday, but my cousin and I did crack the Hildegarde's just now with some fresh prawns. Possibly the worst beer ever.

danieelol, mulder1010 and spicelab like this.
  13. danieelol

overdid the Celebration and Pumpkin Ale on Christmas Eve and so went with some nice French sparkling and a little Chardonnay on X-Mas

14. hopswiller

hopswiller Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2011 Australia

Due to the weather Xmas day was Feral White and Saison DuPont

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.