Anything happen?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by BBThunderbolt, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My computer crashed, and I've been off line for 2 weeks. Anything happen while I was gone? I think I heard something about Elysian buying another brewery?:wink:

Actually, I was able to follow threads on my phone, so I've been a lurker. Too bad I missed the whole "Dogs vs Kids" thing. And, it's good to see @draheim back with us.

A couple of notes from up here. Stone's Throw received their brewhouse last week, now they're waiting on permits so they can pour concrete. They are hoping to have beer out for the annual April Brews Day fest at the end of April. Kulshan has started interviewing for FoH staff for the tasting room at their new facility. And, we're getting a sour/wild brewery. Farmstrong will be owned by Mike Armstrong who also owns Skagit River Brewery. Cheers guys!

kemoarps, Orca, TheBungyo and 2 others like this.
  2. vurt

vurt Grand Pooh-Bah (3,578) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You might not have heard that Hair of the Dog is preparing to release a barrel-aged beer at the end of next week. Carbonation, as you would expect, is dominating the early conversations about this bottled beverage.

kemoarps and BBThunderbolt like this.
  3. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also since you've been gone, Budweiser hurt my feelings with their Super Bowl commercial. I'm quitting craft, and only drinking beer made the hard way.

kemoarps, TwoTrees, woemad and 3 others like this.
  4. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Initiate (0) May 21, 2013 California
    Trader

*Carbonation sold separately.

5. vurt

vurt Grand Pooh-Bah (3,578) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Not that I'm trying to turn this into another HOTD carbonation thread, but I think they ought to sell 4-packs with 2 bottles of Cherry Adam and 2 bottles of regular Adam.

If they're both carbed, you can compare the 2 and see what barrel-aging brings to the table.

If one is flat, the other one adds carbonation when you mix 'em.

Flawless victory.

6. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Pooh-Bah (2,013) Dec 1, 2004 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I was starting to worry about you, but then Amanda showed me you'd rated something on her ap and I knew all was well. I celebrated with beer.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  7. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, my machine crashed on the Friday of Strangebrew, and Justin was over there all that weekend, then our schedules clashed,then he went to Belgianfest last weekend, and wasn't feeling well on Sunday, it was finally last night when he did whatever voodoo he did. Went over to his house last night, and he had just received a box of various RR goodies. So, not only did he fix my technobox for free, we also drank fresh PtE, Blind Pig, and a couple others. I probably owe him some beer. :flushed:

kemoarps and TheBungyo like this.
  8. dirtylou

dirtylou Grand Pooh-Bah (3,266) May 12, 2005 Oklahoma
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

9. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

kemoarps likes this.
  10. dirtylou

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I would be very down for a couple of Baker glasses. Agreed that it's pretty sweet and they've collected $280k+ on a $15k goal

kemoarps likes this.
  11. woemad

woemad Grand Pooh-Bah (5,145) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

While you were incommunicado I think there was a law passed that said Whatcom county residents had to ship large crates of local beer to BAs living on Spokane's lower South Hill. Surprised you hadn't heard of it...:wink:

12. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm trying to figure out a way to use this thread to go back in time and undo the final minute of the Super Bowl.

13. woemad

woemad Grand Pooh-Bah (5,145) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Failing that, being able to use it to bitchslap Darrell Bevell <sigh>

kemoarps likes this.
  14. Texwild

Texwild Zealot (550) May 1, 2008 Washington

15. dirtylou

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Unfortunately I was using the collective 'we'. I agree it's pretty swell, and perhaps a topic the heron hunting club should tackle tonight.

kemoarps likes this.
  16. BBThunderbolt

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

OK, so. After getting the software fixed, my machine was usable for 1 day. Had to wait for the tax check, now I have a new machine, and cn get back to regularly scheduled abuse of this site. Anything else happen lately?

sharpski likes this.
  17. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

Welcome back. To sum up:
    Some guy is visiting Portland from Ohio. And he's gonna go to Fat Head's.
    Holy Mountain is awesome.
    Oregon gets Pliny the Younger; Washington doesn't.
    The Bottleworks anniversary beer (gin barrel Baltic porter, from Ram Northgate) is released tomorrow.
    Jubel 2015. No lines.
    Oh and I got Fremont and deGarde to start talking about doing a collaboration :slight_smile:
    Cheers!

#17 Orca, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  18. dirtylou

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They invented cell phones with internet while you were gone - visit your local Radio Shack or Circuit City for details

19. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yep. That about sums it up. Also, if you like nasty sours, there's some talk about a dG bottle share down in PDX at the Hop and Vine next month. Might be worth a looksee...

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  20. Orca

Pooh-Bah Society

Don't do it Terry. Someone besides me needs to continue to appreciate the zen-like tranquility of not feeling compelled to stare into a tiny screen every time they go out in public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.