Any good beer bars/breweries in Chattanooga?

Discussion in 'South' started by imperialking, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperialking

imperialking Pooh-Bah (1,645) Jul 1, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Staying in downtown Chattanooga for a night and was wondering if there were any must visit beer bars or breweries in the area.

2. KMitch

KMitch Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Alabama

I have been there quite a few times and have always found good craft beer places hard to find. Terminal Brewhouse was good it's a brewpub in downtown and I liked Moccasin Bend...it's a smaller place and beer there was good. If you want to find a good selection of beers to buy, the best place is Beverage World just over the state line in Ft. Oglethorpe, Georgia...Georgia has a more extensive list of breweries who distribute to their state and the store reflects that fact.

3. MrKennedy88

MrKennedy88 Initiate (154) Aug 17, 2015 Tennessee

Hutton & Smith Brewing just opened a couple of months ago. It's worth a try.
    Moccasin Bend Brewing is closed at the moment. They are in the process of moving to a new location.
    The Terminal Brewhouse has good food and decent beer.

Not impressed with Chattanooga Brewing, but they seem to have some fans.

Heaven & Ale usually has a good taplist. Nothing high gravity (Thanks TN beer laws).

Beverage World is the best beer store around. It's in Ft Oglethorpe as the previous poster has said.

4. KMitch

KMitch Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Alabama

I've been to Chattanooga Brewing as well and will second the "not impressed".

I didn't realize Moccasin Bend was moving,..good for them. I know that the last time I was there they were talking about it but no word as to when it would happen...been a while since I've been there.

5. Mikecap

Mikecap Pooh-Bah (2,062) May 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Was down there recently and agree with the previous posters. Liked the vibe at Terminal Brewhouse and the food looked good. Nothing stellar in terms of beer but not bad at all. Chattanooga Brewing actually had a pretty good kolsch and was a cool spot to hang out for a bit. I also went to the chain brewpub in town..big river I think? I was not at all impressed with that place

6. MOVERTON1284

MOVERTON1284 Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2014 Alabama

Like the others said, some decent options but nothing great. Chains like WOB and Taco Mac. I think the best place is Terminal Brewhouse, and definitely check out Beverage World for bottles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.