Anniversary Party on April 28th/Release of Double Huma whos going?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by GoldenChild, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Whos going?

1. I will be there.

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. I won't be there.

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I might be there.

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I wish I could be there.

27 vote(s)
    32.1%
  5. I hate everyone that will be there.

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psykosis

psykosis Initiate (0) May 21, 2009 Indiana

If anyone stays in the Traverse City area the night before, I'd be in for some pre-gaming at 7 Monks, RBB, or somewhere else.

2. trginter

trginter Pundit (755) Dec 1, 2008 Michigan

Some friends and I are planning a trip up. Going to stay the night, should be a awesome time.

GoldenChild likes this.
  3. decadance

decadance Pundit (759) Mar 14, 2010 Texas

I will be there certainly. Last year was a blast, this year...might kill me. Certainly folks from Pennsylvania don't hold my liver in nearly as high esteem as I do.

trginter likes this.
  4. CrazyMacHarris99

CrazyMacHarris99 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2008 Pennsylvania

My wife and I are making our 5th trek up to Bellaire for the anniversary party! Its fun every year and it does seem to get a little more crowded every year but I'm not sure if the bottle release will really make it that much worse. Either way we plan on getting there when they open and leaving when Reggie is done.

I am also not doing the paddle this year. More time for drinking without strenuous activity.

5. wintbs379

wintbs379 Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2009 Michigan

My wife and I are making the trip also (the first time for the Anniv party). They open at 11am, but the party doesn't start until 3pm. Has 3pm been too late to get a seat, or is it just better to be there 11 or 12?

6. sarro

sarro Initiate (0) May 12, 2009 Michigan

The pub probably won't be open that day until the start of the party at 3.

Also, can we have t-shirts made up that say "Duck Farklord Day" ?

GoldenChild likes this.
  7. wintbs379

Gotcha, that does make perfect sense.....the pub opening time and the t-shirts.

8. trginter

Hopefully getting a case of this will be easier than getting a case of KBS.

GoldenChild likes this.
  9. normyk

normyk Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2007 Ohio

If I can't make DLD I'd really like to make my first trip to Shorts. I've really wanted the opportunity to try their beers on tap and their party is a great chance to do so. Probably a lot less of a zoo than DLD, too, though it is a longer drive.

10. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

I like the tshirt idea.

11. EricCioe

EricCioe Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 Montana

It's a pretty drive though. Instead of rolling through industrial bullshit you roll through the southern reaches of the great boreal forest. M-22 has got to be one of the pretty roads in the Great Lakes.

paslaugh likes this.
  12. wintbs379

It really is a sweet idea...

13. CrazyMacHarris99

CrazyMacHarris99 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2008 Pennsylvania

In 2008 we did both Darklord Day and Shorts in the same day. It was fun but not something I would ever do again. With the way Darklord Day has been handled since then, I would definitely say Duck Farklord Day.

14. sarcastro

sarcastro Savant (1,097) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Getting some will probably be easier, but I am thinking they wont let people buy a whole case. I guess we will see.

15. trginter

I haven't tried it, but quite honestly I will give Short's any amount of money they want when they release a new IPA.

16. GoldenChild

GoldenChild Pundit (843) Nov 18, 2009 Michigan

I've never seen them limit any of their beer.

17. decadance

decadance Pundit (759) Mar 14, 2010 Texas

It has also been a while since they have done a release that was going to be a big deal. The 750 series came out in 2007 I think.

18. sarcastro

The don't do growlers on limited beers. When is the last time they had a bottle release of a very limited beer at a anniversary party. Not for a while. Not since their anniversary parties have gotten really popular. My feeling is they will limit it somewhat at the party to make sure everyone gets some. That is what I would do.

19. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

The first rule of Awww Jeah is we don't hype it up.

The second rule of Awww Jeah is WE DON'T HYPE IT UP.

I can't handle another KBS day this soon. :slight_smile:

2009 and 2010 they released the Double Dry Hopped aged in bourbon barrels anniversary bottles. Damn fine but weird beer. I would say that is the last time.

decadance and adamdd like this.
  20. sarcastro

When people start threads on a release this far in advance such as this one, I don't think you can stop it at that point. You can't diffuse a bomb after it has gone off.

GoldenChild likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.