AleSmith Brewing - Vietnamese Coffee

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Darian_Garcia, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beerooster

Beerooster Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 California

264 bottles sold today.

rbrefbeerman likes this.
  2. breadwinner

breadwinner Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 California

Apologize, by the way, if my first reply came off as personal or douchey. I get the frustration for sure.

3. Beerooster

Beerooster Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 California

A lot of cool people in line. Took forever to get a taste of Velvet. Velvet blew away the PB and Hammered.

Themightywrenn likes this.
  4. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

I was also not trying to single you out on having nothing to do. But there's a specific reason why Alesmith went to BPT after the release of 09 BASS.

5. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Was it because they were told that everyone that went to home depot and uHauls for legit help while moving couldn't find anybody to hire? *ba dum tish*

But hey, Alesmith tried and I would say if their plan was to raise awareness of the observation room then they greatly succeeded. I really doubt they will do more IP releases though. The other businesses around there were getting really pissy and I don't think Alesmith would want to piss off their business neighbors too much.

6. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

What about when 5 hours is not enough?

7. Earlycsquid

I agree, this is a one (well, two thursdays) and done. They probably won't be making this a regular thing and it really was just a better way than having their servers at the old location keep telling folks that the other location has VSS on tap to get the awareness going and stress test the space.

Not a fan of the in person bottle lines myself and see BPT as the great equalizer in getting that beer sold without a back up on a line or having to wait to get shut out.

8. ClippersSD

ClippersSD Zealot (500) Jul 17, 2013 California
    Trader

BPT = a couple minutes on your computer
    or
    In person = 20 minute drive to + 30 minute wait to get nothing + 20 minute annoyed drive back

Which choice would your prefer to get shut out of the release? I'll take the first choice every time.

9. IggyWH

IggyWH Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2014 California

An otherwise lazy Thursday turned into a day where they brought in more money than they most likely do for any BPT "release" day. Why would this be a one and done?

10. IggyWH

IggyWH Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2014 California

This thread, in total, amuses the hell out of me. I'm not saying IP or BPT is better than the other, but those who hate IP rag on those who have time to go stand in line, like they are some gutter trash and you're above them because you sit at a computer during normal work hours and want to buy beer in the comfort of your home/work and then pick up at your convenience. Elitism in the beer world at its finest!

11. clayfu

clayfu Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2010 California

i think that's just life. Everyone would pick sitting at home in front of a computer over waiting in line. Regardless of what is being sold

12. HeavySpeedway

HeavySpeedway Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2013 California

Who was getting pissy? The mattress store?

I think they were just experimenting, and I still think that soon you will see enough VSS floating around town that today's complaints will end up being laughable. But I am pretty sure that you won't see the proxies go away on the BPT sales.

13. makeyourself

makeyourself Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2015 California

Hence why Amazon is so successful!

14. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The mattress place and one of the ucsd places were basically threatening to call and tow cars. Granted, it is clearly marked where you can and cannot park, but the line did prevent a couple trucks from easily getting through and some ppl in line were talking back to the other businesses about them parking in marked spots is ok. You know, entitled assholes being entitled assholes but wrong.

the_trystero likes this.
  15. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

How the hell did elitism get thrown into the conversation? WTF?! It's about convenience and the avoidance of wasted time. I can't comprehend why anyone would prefer waiting hours in long lines through the heat or cold instead of purchasing and collecting at your convenience. To quote my favorite Vulcan, "it's highly illogical." Get over yourself.

16. Themightywrenn

Themightywrenn Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2015 California

Haaaa... I was going to post almost the exact photo. In fact, that's me in the photo with the Alesmith box. Funny shit. All the Velvet you want was there for the taking.

IPA_Lush likes this.
  17. HeavySpeedway

It also allows the opportunity to procure bottles while at work, at least for those of us that are desk jockeys.

18. dcbullet

dcbullet Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2013 California

You must not value your time highly.

19. Earlycsquid

You do realize that when people go pick up those BPT bought bottles, they are usually up sold on having a few beers while they are they at their own leisure. So it's not like throwing a shit show where half the people leave feeling bait and switched empty handed is some how a better business move for them. It's a bit short sighted, actually.

20. HeavySpeedway

Yeah, I'm sure this will really hurt Alesmith in the long run. Just like the highly priced Beer Geek Speedway, the incredibly highly priced Imperial .394, or the last BASS BPT sale. As somebody used to say a lot here, Zzzzzzzz. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.