Abyss in Texas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Smithrob9999, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EatMyBobba

EatMyBobba Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2013 Texas

So ready for some Abyss man.

Ford likes this.
  2. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Texas

no better way to build the hype train than to delay a release right?

3. utx05

utx05 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2012

To a point. After 6 six weeks of "I'm being told next week" about the Dissident, I was pretty indifferent to its release.

icetrauma likes this.
  4. East1stgrocery

East1stgrocery Initiate (0) May 9, 2012 Texas

I'm being told end of this week (I highly doubt it) or next week -

5. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Pundit (973) Feb 3, 2009 Texas

Let's just hear about sightings only. Personally, I've had enough of the "I'm being told" or "it should be here by..." comments.

6. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Texas

YES PLEASE! I keep getting notifications...and I think "is it so?"...and then I see it is the same banter that has been going on for six weeks...GIVE ME ABYSS!

jaymesbawned likes this.
  7. StuporJew

StuporJew Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2012 Texas

Not Misinformation Chad. I was told this exact thing by one of the higher-ups at the distributor.
    Also, when I spoke to one of my pals who works at the Deschutes Brewpub in Bend, he related the same thing to me. I've been in the beer biz here in Texas for 8 years now, and stupid little hiccups like this involving the TABC are quite common. It's also common for distributors to make excuses when they have setbacks for products that people lust after, just like the Abyss. So, Yeah, My bad I guess. But you don't have to be a jerk about it.
    If you want me to keep you in the loop as to if/when it makes it to the store I work at, I'll be happy to save you a bottle... I get first dibs, after all.

Have a Good-good,

Matt

8. DamianX13

DamianX13 Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2012 Texas

Thanks for the info. Its appreciated.

9. LadyOfMuchBeer

I think we are all guilty of spreading misinformation that we get from our local distributors/reps/"beer guys". Nothing personal, but when it comes to beer releases..it seems like everyone is talking from their asses, making excuses for why it hasn't hit, and hiding the fact that nobody in the state seems to have a clue except for a handful of local TX brewers that manage to release things and get them to the market on time. There are always 3 to 4 "solid" stories about what is really going on. There is no one person to blame for this, it is a system that came with all our antiquated beer laws, and a quickly growing beer scene that always wants to know when they can have the beers they love so much; demanding an answer. In reality someone who doesn't have an answer speculates on the same stories that have always been bogus yet everyone seems to trust. Everyone thinks the story they heard is the true one...yet everyone is usually wrong.

10. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Pundit (973) Feb 3, 2009 Texas

I admit to being a little dry or factual from time to time, but I don't think I was being a jerk. I apologize sincerely for making you feel that way. I just said that if you get information, please state where you heard it so that we all know where it is from, and can decide for ourselves whether or not the info is good. If you didn't verify from an actual source, then why not mention that?

All that being said, it was still misinformation because it was incorrect. I don't say that to be a jerk, I say that because that's what it was. I verified the information via the TABC database and can prove it was wrong. Sorry if this feels like me being a jerk.

Cheers,
    Chad

jamescain likes this.
  11. icetrauma

icetrauma Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2004 Texas

I put forth a decree from this post on that only sightings be posted. Thank you come again. :grinning:

UHCougar12 and cam_williams like this.
  12. mhenson42

mhenson42 Maven (1,409) Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Trader

I saw Abyss '12 in San Antonio last night.

In my refrigerator :slight_smile:

13. LadyOfMuchBeer

I saw some photos of a massive haul, unfortunately it wasn't in TX. :stuck_out_tongue:

14. mattisloco

mattisloco Maven (1,294) Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Trader

Oklahoma I'd assume?

15. LadyOfMuchBeer

Actually, from Oregon I believe.

16. HopAG

HopAG Savant (1,137) Sep 22, 2012 Texas

STATUS REPORT:

?

17. DanzBorin