A little help in the Sarasota/Ft. Myers area

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by ZacharyIsom, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZacharyIsom

ZacharyIsom Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2014 Iowa

Hello all,

My wonderful mother is coming down to look for a new place to live in the Ft. Myers area next year. Of course, she is the best and offered to bring back some florida love. She is actually there this weekend! So, of course, I was wondering if you could spare a little info about a good bottle shop or two that she should visit in either Sarasota or Ft. Myers. Also: if you have ideas about what you think she should get I would more than welcome your insight! Thank you so much BA Folks! To give you an idea, I live in Iowa, so any southern brews that you deem awesome I would also find intriguing! Also: if you have cool dinner spots, I'm sure she wouldn't be opposed to ideas!

Thanks a ton!

Zach

2. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Grand Pooh-Bah (3,096) May 7, 2015 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Total Wine has a large variety

ZacharyIsom likes this.
  3. The_FishermanJay

The_FishermanJay Pundit (936) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

It does.

There have been a few strings on this topic in the fairly recent past. There are a ton of things to get here so it would be helpful for you to throw out what you like. But in a broad swath of styles, here are some beers that are relatively easy to get in the area (where "easy to get" is a key consideration):
    * CCB - their core beers (Jai Alai IPA, Maduro brown ale, Helles lager and Florida Cracker Belgian white)
    * Tampa Bay Brewing Reef Donkey (American pale ale)
    * Coppertail may be down there
    * Motorworks should be available. Their V-Twin lager is good stuff.

I'm in Tampa so more precise locals (@Yourahoser, for example) may be better for exact offerings down that way.

ZacharyIsom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.