6 pack/bomber shops in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by HopFace, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopFace

HopFace Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Colorado

I just moved back to the Pittsburgh area and am looking for some good (and decently priced) 6 pack/bomber shops.

I am looking to get some decent beers and NOT have to buy a case. So far I have just found giant eagles. Where are some other good places?

2. thecheapies

thecheapies Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2009 Pennsylvania

What part of the Burgh do you live in? House of a 1,000 Beers in New Kensington is top-notch. Itt's Dogg'n It in Shadyside is a bit steep but offers great selection. They have another shop in Oakland. 99 Bottles is decent for off-the-shelf stuff. Bars and restaurants like Bocktown in Robinson, Smokin' Joe's and Carson Street Deli in South Side, are pretty sweet. For drafts, check out Fat Head's in South Side or any Mad Mex or Sharp Edge location. Cheers!

dtx00 likes this.
  3. radio2525

radio2525 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

good luck find a place that is decently priced. For selection house of 1000 beers is the best but expensive you can even get Russian river. D's six pax & Dogz is good but again it is expensive.

4. KnightRider

KnightRider Initiate (0) May 20, 2007 Pennsylvania

Best bet for reasonable prices are the Giant Eagle locations that have liquor licenses.

5. LaeliaPumila

LaeliaPumila Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2010 Pennsylvania

If you are on the east side of Pittsburgh, Gateway Grill in Monroeville has a big selection of singles. It's a hop, skip and jump from the Monroeville D's location.

Since this topic comes up so often, I think all Pittsburgh BA's ought to lobby their local Giant Eagle's to be more like Wegman's when it comes to allowing single sales. I have chatted with the beer department manager in Irwin, and she says she told the upper management that, but they don't think customers want it.

6. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2010 Ohio

There is a place in Wexford called One for the Road. Decent selection, but prices are outrageous.

7. gQQgsJr

gQQgsJr Initiate (0) Mar 10, 2012 Pennsylvania

Blue dust in homestead is a great bar and mix n match 6 packs to go are usually 10-12 bucks. just check dates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.