(512) Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by starkmarvelo, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danielbt

Danielbt Initiate (0) May 4, 2012 Texas

Hard to argue with that.

2. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2012 Texas

Pecan Porter is their best. Their casked Pecan Porter is epic if you ever have a chance to try it.

3. lokieman

lokieman Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2011 Oklahoma
    Deactivated

Pecan Porter on nitro is killer as well...basically any variation of Pecan Porter will most likely be delicious.

BlindSalimander likes this.
  4. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

What they called, "Pecan Porter 'Gose' Boom" was probably the best one I've had. I was told it was made with black sea salt.

5. RoadsidEvolution

RoadsidEvolution Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2012

I lived in Austin for a couple years, and the Wit got me through the worst of them. God love 'em, I sure do miss 'em.

6. TerpBax

TerpBax Devotee (343) Jul 2, 2009 Texas

You should go to their anniversary party in Oct. I've been to all of them and have a had a blast every time. We have a wedding in New Orleans this year, so I have to miss it unfortunately.

7. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2007 Texas

The 2 places i get mine, mostly because nobody goes there til they have to or can get there are Whip in and Twin liquors marketplace in Bee caves.

If i have the day off, i try to hit brodie lane specs and whole foods on lamar.

all day of release for any 512 bottles or your gonna be SOL.

8. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2010 Texas

I drank a ton of the Black IPA when it was out.

9. icetrauma

icetrauma Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2004 Texas

What is there reasoning to never bottle the regular offerings? Am I missing something here?

10. UT-Alex

UT-Alex Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2012 Texas

I hope to pick up a few WBADPP when they drop. I have a couple of stores I frequent that always seems to have rares for longer than a lot of other stores. Hopefully I can get some extra to share with other BAs.

11. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Texas

brandy barrel 3 would have been cool to see in bottles

FUNKPhD likes this.
  12. icetrauma

Why would they not want to grow there business?

htomsirveaux likes this.
  13. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Who says they aren't? Just because they don't bottle does not mean they are not growing. It could also mean they are happy were they are at, or that they don't have the funds/don't want to use the funds they have to bottle.

14. icetrauma

Good point.

15. maltmuncher

maltmuncher Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2012

I have no control over this and not being able the get the beer forces immature rants like this and it makes me feel better! :wink:

16. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2012 Texas

Also, to put in a good bottling line and do it well, will take money AND effort, they may have the funds, but don't want to put in the effort to the bottling correctly. Just look at Deep Ellum Brewing Co., they installed a bottling line and bottles in the six packs of their Farmhouse Wit are inconsistently filled, with many underfilled. If I was them, I would not have released the product to the public with all bottles in the six packs not being filled to the same height. Anyhow, point being, it takes a LOT of effort to do it correctly and work out the bugs.

17. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

Pecan Porter is great... I'd love to find the Double Pecan Porter somewhere.. anyplace in Houston regularly have it?

The Wit was just ok to me... I wouldn't get it again.

18. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Texas

Yes I would also like to try the WWJDBADPPB. That comes out around April right?

19. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Texas

They said they doubled their work force in the last year; up to thirteen employees!
    The acronym is appropriate for a re-post.

Also, wondering why there never seems to be mentions of Live Oak quite literally NEVER bottling?

20. Danielbt

Danielbt Initiate (0) May 4, 2012 Texas

Easy to find, easy to drink. The best domestic hefe in the country fosters some forgetfulness, apparently.

chocosushi, MightyDog and FUNKPhD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.