312 Urban Block Party

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by chronie, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maction

Maction Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2008 Illinois

I'll bring a honkin' wad of singles for tips, and maybe some fives for whoever is stationed at BCBS barrel.

2. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois

Yes someone get me a blue wristband/sharpie and I'll tip the hell out of the employees!

3. aefbjo

aefbjo Zealot (521) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

I know this isn't necessarily a destination event for rare beer tappings, but I'm just trying to decide whether to plan on going for sure, with my free yellow tickets I got (thanks to Dontcounttoday's heads-up). In past years how much were pours, and what aside from the perennials was available to non-VIPs?

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  4. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Ok, so i've decided to go. Am i going to hate these bands? Caveat: I hate everything.

Lansman, aefbjo and thetomG like this.
  5. thetomG

thetomG Savant (1,051) Feb 17, 2010 Illinois

There haven't been any "past years" for this event as far as I know... someone can correct me if I'm wrong...

6. aefbjo

aefbjo Zealot (521) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

Oh, OK. There was some ticketed party there a few summers back that I happened to pass by. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there.

7. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

Just got an email that I won a pair of tix from the St. Vincent contest. Apparently, it's a special check in list for those winners, but nothing said about it being VIP wristbands. So, here's hoping on that front.

zieglemt likes this.
  8. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

i have 2 free regular tickets. i cannot go.

9. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

I personally enjoy St. Vincent and Maps & Atlases, but I dont think either will be in your wheelhouse

10. Sean9689

Sean9689 Pooh-Bah (2,270) Mar 17, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm ISO two tickets if anyone has extras...

11. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

Sorry to disappoint some folks. i got bombarded with PM's. tickets are gone.

12. eorwar

eorwar Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2012 Illinois

ISO as well. Please BM me if you have any extras or cannot attend.

Cheers!

13. da_bulls

da_bulls Initiate (0) Jun 7, 2012 Illinois

Anyone know if you can buy tickets to this event? I need one more and can't find them for sale on goose island's website or 312chi. Anyone know if they will be selling more tickets at the gate?

14. Dontcounttoday

Very likely will not be selling tickets at the gate. The way they handled the FB group page, there are going to be dozens or hundreds of people showing up thinking they are on a RSVP list that will not be. Going to be a mess, but there are more opportunities to get tickets before the show, just watch their FB page.

da_bulls likes this.
  15. chronie

chronie Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2011 Illinois

Yeah I agree, the Facebook page is a mess. Not very well advertised that you need a ticket.

16. howopeeps

howopeeps Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Looking for 4 tickets

17. makdeco

makdeco Zealot (684) Jan 31, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

You gonna be in town?

18. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Pundit (897) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

Don't take this as gospel because I'm absolutely speculating on this, but I'm pretty sure that this (legally) isn't a ticketed event and you can show up without tickets and probably be fine. The block party page lists it as being on walnut street between wolcott and wood, and if that's a public street (i.e. not some privately owned thoroughfare), you cannot legally charge someone to enter the public way. Case in point: All of those Chicago street festivals (Retro on Roscoe, Market Days, etc.)? You don't have to pay. Read the fine print on the signs, legally they're asking for a donation and they cannot prevent you from just walking past them.

19. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Pooh-Bah (1,893) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Found this doing a quick search on the google machine.

http://chicago.everyblock.com/annou...-festival-entrance-fees-they-illegal-5028137/

Reinforces street festivals cannot legally keep people out (even if you don't pay), but again just some guy on a blog (just like I'm some idiot on Ba). I am sure events like lollapalooza get expensive permits that allow them to fence off roads to keep people out, but normal street fests just block off the roadways so vehicles can't get through. In a residential area couldn't you just say you live on that block?

20. Dontcounttoday

I sincerely hope you are wrong. There are way too many people that are going to show up wanting to get in without a ticket, and if they distributed 6000 tickets as I heard, theres just no way they can get more people in there reasonably.

I understand some people are upset they didn't get tickets, but if you live in the or near the city, there have been several opportunities to obtain tickets for free (or with the purchase of a BCBS which imo is the better deal). There have been online options too. Those complaining are too lazy to go get tickets, from out of town and didnt win online, or just too stupid to understand how the tickets worked. I don't want these people attempting to get in for free and ruining the party for the rest of us.

leftyhyzer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.