3 Sheeps Nimble Lips Noble Tongue series

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Ri0, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilMidnightBomber

EvilMidnightBomber Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 Wisconsin

Anyone try Oakey Dokey yet? I'm not much of an IPA drinker, but the description on that one has me curious.
    Love that Happy Summer kind of came out of nowhere, not even a hint of it on the release schedule Rio posted above.

2. Stevedore

Stevedore Grand Pooh-Bah (5,072) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@Ri0 Thanks for the heads up, I'll look for it next time I'm at the store.

3. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

It is on my list for this weekend. I'll post it tomorrow after I enjoy it. :wink:

4. Ri0

I guess I am the only one enjoying the hell out of Happy Summer? Second round was delivered yesterday and I bought a second bottle which is rather rare for me to do for a bomber IPA .

dkrep and robear like this.
  5. EvilMidnightBomber

EvilMidnightBomber Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2015 Wisconsin

I enjoyed it (guess I'm starting to find my way with IPAs), but honestly liked Oakey Dokey better. The wood notes balanced the hops nicely, and made for a really interesting beer. Happy Summer was good, but not enough to justify a bomber over a sixer of something else.

6. robear

robear Initiate (0) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin

I'm loving Happy Summer. I've had my fair share of IPA's and this one is tasty.

Ri0 likes this.
  7. djhowell

djhowell Pundit (893) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

I would be drinking a lot more Happy Summer if it were in 6 or 4-packs. It's probably the best WI IPA around right now.

Ri0 likes this.
  8. ditka311

ditka311 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2009 Illinois

Going up to Sheboygan in a few weeks. Kind of looking forward to hitting up 3 Sheeps now. Was kind of "meh" before reading this thread.

Thanks for posting that release schedule too.

Ri0 likes this.
  9. djhowell

djhowell Pundit (893) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

Happy Summer was $4.99/bomber at Jenifer St Market today, picked up a couple more.

10. Ri0

Wow, excellent price! So glad I drove right by there today and didn't stop in.

11. StayWhatYouAre2

StayWhatYouAre2 Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2010 Wisconsin

Keep in mind that the bar in the same building is not owned by 3 Sheeps. The bar has their year rounds and seasonal on tap but not the limited release beers. Your best chance would be to send the brewery an email and see if they have bottles for purchase that you could pick up if there is something specific you want to try. Also, a lot of the local bottle shops tend to have some too, but they do go fast.

12. ditka311

ditka311 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2009 Illinois

This is great info, thanks.

13. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

This is outstanding, thanks for the recommendation

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Ri0 likes this.
  14. JCV2015

JCV2015 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2015 Wisconsin

Sounding off in support: drinking it now and finding Happy Summer to be phenomenal. Does it remind anyone else of FFF Live a Rich Life?

15. Westuh

Westuh Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2012 Wisconsin

I still find it weird that Ray's called the 3 sheeps "collab" an exclusive beer made for them when 3 sheeps is bottling it right now for the public. Are they including Rays on the label like Mobcraft did for the ones they made for their local liquor stores? Anyone know any info on this? Its a fantastic beer, just wondering about the complete background....

16. BKRMKR

BKRMKR Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2013 Wisconsin

Took my Oakey Dokey to Cleveland this past weekend, and immediately purchased more when I got back. I'll get into the Summer hopefully this weekend.

Ri0 likes this.
  17. robear

I didn't pick up on any Belgian flavors. Did any of you?

18. robear

Most likely nothing contractual that ties them to Ray's, though they'll almost definitely mention them on the label (like they did with HHG).

19. JCV2015

JCV2015 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2015 Wisconsin

I should have clarified: the body was so much heavier than I was expecting. That, combined with the apricot/peach/tropical flavors I was picking up, reminded me a lot of Live A Rich Life...in a good way.

I haven't been evaluated lately, but its quite possible I'm certifiably crazy :wink:

20. Swannyku

Swannyku Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2015 Wisconsin

Tried happy summer. A really excellent IPA. Super fruity, faint malt. Any word if this will ever be coming back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.