2014 Stone Bastard Box

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Gazelle2627, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazelle2627

Gazelle2627 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2015 Pennsylvania

I picked up a Stone Bastard Box last year that somehow wasn't drank. Based on the beers in the box is it safe to assume that most of them would be OK to drink now. The box has been cellared since it was bought. Thoughts?

2. Giantspace

Giantspace Pooh-Bah (2,879) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Drink them. Not sure what's in the box but worst case is you don't like it. Send them to me if you are Leary.

Enjoy

3. jageraholic

jageraholic Maven (1,378) Sep 16, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah, they'll taste fine. a bit maltier, but they are hopped enough they age well, especially the double bastard.

4. csurowiec

csurowiec Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2010 Maryland

They will all still be fine. The double bastard will be better now in my opinion. I bought one of those boxes last year and drank everything but the double. I still have it cellared and will probably drink it over the winter.

5. Rodney221

Rodney221 Initiate (0) Sep 14, 2014 Virginia

Lukcy was probably better fresh since it was dry hopped to high hell, but your mileage may vary.

6. johnInLA

johnInLA Pooh-Bah (2,286) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

IMO, Arrogant Bastard loses a good bit of what makes it special as it ages and the hoppiness fades.

Double Bastard on the other hand is good fresh or aged.

Lucky Bastard somewhere in between, but better fresh.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Bastard I've never had with any significant amount of age on it. But I would guess it also falls somewhere in between AB and DB with regards to age. As I understand it, its a blend of BBA AB and AB.

Generally speaking the only one I would consider aging is DB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.