Anyone on here ever order beer from LetsPour.com?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SteelCity75, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelCity75

SteelCity75 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut

I've never really thought about ordering beer online, they seem to have a decent amount of stuff that I've never tried that I've liked to. But I'm worried about packaging and freshness, and in some cases the pricing is a bit much. Anyone have any opinions on this website, or advice towards other websites that are similar?

2. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

I haven't because MA doesn't allow it. I wouldn't worry about packaging...if it gets damaged they will replace it. Buy 6 bombers of something you can't get at home and enjoy. Are you willing to pay a few dollars extra per bomber to get stuff you can't buy delivered to your door?

3. randjuke

randjuke Zealot (596) Feb 13, 2010 Iowa
    Trader

I've ordered from them with no problems. Obviously they roll the cost of shipping into their prices, which are pretty high. It really just depends what the beer is worth to you.

4. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2007 New York

I ordered once had no issues
    HOTD was flat and I let them know about it .
    They credited the cost of the bottle towards my next order.

5. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Wow, that's pretty surprising. Given HOTD's track record w/ carbonation this was almost surely not Letspour's fault.
    I've ordered two or three times with no issues, except that I keep forgetting that someone 21+ has to sign for the package and I keep shipping the box to my house, where nobody is during the day. Customer service is top-notch.

beerme411 likes this.
  6. ThickNStout

ThickNStout Pooh-Bah (2,142) Mar 8, 2011 Georgia

I've ordered from them a few times without issue. They provide a fantastic service.

7. Brodie91

Brodie91 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2012 New York

I ordered once for some cigar city jai alai and white oak aged jai alai. The jai alai's were canned only 2 weeks prior to me getting them. Couldn't have asked for anything better

8. SteelCity75

SteelCity75 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut

I'll probably order something in the future when I've got a better financial situation, thanks guys!

9. BKBassist

BKBassist Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2013 New York

I've not used letspour, but I used France44 to get some midwest stuff I don't get out here (Surly, Bells, Odell). Worked well and pricing was very reasonable, even with shipping (I made a large order), it wasn't out of line with what I pay in NYC bottle shops.

tbrascojr and Bitterbill like this.
  10. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Grand Pooh-Bah (3,697) Sep 11, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Two recent threads on this topic:
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/lets-pour-pricing.58218/
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/lets-pour-freshness.78012/

11. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Pooh-Bah (2,557) Nov 28, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

I just took some random guy's advice and bought two cans of 21st Amendment Marooned On Hog Island via LetsPour. What pissed me off was how it says the price includes shipping, yet at checkout they magically added an extra 20 or so.

MetalMountainMastiff likes this.
  12. mrcraft

mrcraft Grand Pooh-Bah (3,322) Dec 15, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah, when you buy from LetsPour, you need to buy 6 or more bottles/cans to get the "free" shipping, otherwise, you'll basically be paying double shipping - one for the inflated per unit cost + $20 shipping fee.

I usually buy 6 of something I can't get locally, so they don't tack on the extra $20 for shipping. When I add everything up, I think it's a wash whether I trade or buy from LetsPour. Of course, trading is more fun, but it can get addicting and expensive though.

One plus for me, is that they use good quality pulp shippers that I re-use for my trades which saves me a few bucks down the road.

13. mfnmbvp

mfnmbvp Pooh-Bah (2,557) Nov 28, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Cool, thank you, I will definitely remember that for next time I order anything from them.

olivermonster likes this.
  14. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

Ordered once from LP and had great results. As mentioned they are pricey if you don't take advantage of the free shipping, which requires 6 bottles from the SAME shipping location. They ship from Washington and Florida and it can be a tad frustrating to find six beers then realize you aren't free shipping eligible because half ship from FLA and the other half from WASH.

I see its best use in finding limited release stuff. Ordered some La Folie and Iron Throne from them today after striking out pretty much everywhere in Kansas City.

15. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

LP is a reputable company, but there are a lot of others I'd buy from first

16. thegodfather1076

thegodfather1076 Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2009 Ohio

I have ordered from them once and had a great experience...the beer was packaged very nicely and was all fine when I got it....It is a great site because it affords you the chance to get ur hands on stuff u otherwise wouldnt be able to.

17. shawnohall

shawnohall Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2009 Texas

From who else? Is there another site out there more reasonably priced than LP?

18. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

19. MichiganderHB

MichiganderHB Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2012 Michigan

If you live where it snows/bitterly cold in the winter, do not order anything with a low ABV that might freeze and explode out of the bottle....but if you do, they credit your account. Other than that, I have nothing more to add than what has already been said. I'm cool with them.

20. regularjohn

regularjohn Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New Jersey

i would but they don't ship to jersey :angry: i got all stoked with the $10 coupon thing from the spin when you first sign up for the site but then everything i clicked i was all :slight_frown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.