- College Professor
Share This Page
Member, Male, from Kentucky
- deadonhisfeet was last seen:
- Jun 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Beer Karma Stats
- Hads: 462 | Reviewed: 462
Brewers: 140 | Beer Styles: 72
US States: 25 | Countries: 11
Wants: 53 | Gots: 56
Added: 8 | Pics Uploaded: 8
- Reviewed: 5
Brewers: 0 | Bars/Eateries: 1 | Stores: 4
US States: 3 | Countries: 1
Added: 0 | Pics Uploaded: 0
- Posts: 1,122 | Likes Received: 3,284
- Added: 0
I am a professor at a small college. I rediscovered craft beer after several years of dabbling in bourbon. My favorite styles are citrusy IPAs, quirky sours, and great big roasty stouts. Living near the border between three states (Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana), I have reasonable access to beers from several outstanding breweries, including AleSmith, Bell's, Goose Island, Great Lakes, Hoppin' Frog, Jolly Pumpkin, The Bruery, Troegs, and my own personal favorites - Founders and Three Floyds!
- College Professor
Favorite Beer Stores:
1. Party Town (Florence, KY) - My home away from home! Weekly beer tastings, an awesome staff, and the best growler station in the Cincinnati area (LINK).
2. Party Source (Bellevue, KY) - Best selection of imports I know of in the Cincinnati area (LINK). The fellow in charge of beer is really friendly and very knowledgeable. He's done a kick-ass job getting new and hard-to-find beers into his store.
3. Jungle Jim's (Fairfield, OH and Cincinnati, OH) - Awesome stores. Like amusement parks for foodies. What other grocery stores have a walk-in humidor and sell hand-churned butter and $2400 bottles of wine?
Favorite Beer-Related Websites:
1. The Hoperatives (LINK) - Gives details on beer-related events in the Cincinnati Area.
2. The Empty Growler (LINK) - Nice Cincinnati-based beer blog with all sorts of cool articles, reviews, photos, etc.
3. DarkLordDay.com (LINK) - Because one of these days I'm going to make it there!
Successful beer trades:
I don't trade very often because of the expense. Besides, I find more great beers locally than I can possibly drink in a lifetime. Nevertheless, there are always beers out there that I yearn to try so if I happen to get some extra bottles of something trade-worthy, I do enjoy swapping (I'm willing to swap for cool glassware too). I have completed beer trades with the following users (and would do so again in a heartbeat):