Mashing Pumpkins - Jopen Bier BV Haarlem

Jopen Bier BV Haarlem visit their website

Pumpkin Ale |  9.00% ABV

Beer added by: Absumaster on 12-28-2012

4.29/5  rDev n/a

This beer is a collabaration between SNAB and Jopen. A beer style which is not known in Holland.
The beer pours a dark copper color with a light head which settles quickly.

The smell is nice, very spicy with, for me, undetermined spices that give the beer a fruity and spicy smell. Somehow I get some red fruit, but I guess it is not in here. This is one of those beers you want to sniff at all the time. I can't recognize the smells, but they are intrueging.

The taste is spicy with the red fruits and some hotness from the pepper, but very subdued. The taste is about the pumpkin but I am not sure if I get this taste. A fresh pumpkin or soup has a different taste. So I guess the spices give the beer it's taste. Bitterness was low and drinkability was very high. The yeast was pretty clean and only a little fruity. I was lucky to taste this beer.

Mashing Pumpkins from Jopen Bier BV Haarlem
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.