Log in or Sign up
Extreme Beer Fest
returns to Boston on March 21 & 22, 2014.
Tickets are on sale now
BeerAdvocate mobile beta: Testers Wanted
. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Android or Google Chrome user? Get a
14 day free trial to BeerAdvocate magazine on Google Play Newsstand
today! (AU, CA, UK, US only).
Extreme Beer Fest
Google Play Newsstand
Bourbon Barrel Aged C-Sons Greetings
- New Old Lompoc Brewery
No picture uploaded.
Upload it now.
send 'em beer »
New Old Lompoc Brewery
Style | ABV
American Double / Imperial IPA
No notes at this time.
(Beer added by: Docer on 01-03-2012)
Ratings & Reviews
| Reviews: 1
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
- Barely cloudy amber brew.. with a little molasses coloring. Quickly fizzing off-white head leaves a big spotty ring and bubbly spotty island floating in the center.
- Fruity hoppy aroma with sweet bready grains, and light earthy woody vanilla notes. Light sticky smelling brown sugar, and a slightly tart malt flare. Overall not too bad.
- Smooth vanilla woody biscuity grain with some lovely charred caramel and roasty character. Bitter grassy hops and a floral/citrus finish. This puppy tastes really good. The flavor is one of the reasons I liked this one near the best out of all their winter offerings. Like cream soda.
Mouth Feel: (4.0)
- Dry, chewy, medium bodied, and a little sticky. Overall expected, and not a bad feel at all. Leaves the mouth dry, and wanting more.
- Love this beers flavor. I think I liked it better more fresh and on tap.. but the taste is still wonderful from this bottle. Like cream soda brew. Certainly a must try.. though not one to age. Get 'em while you can.
Serving type: bottle
01-03-2012 01:46:10 |
More by Docer
Bourbon Barrel Aged C-Sons Greetings from New Old Lompoc Brewery
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address