Log in or Sign up
The Commons Brewery
Active Beers: 24
Beer Ratings: 212
Beer Avg: 3.86
Taps: 8 / Bottles: -
Cask: N / Beer-to-Go: Y
$$ - reasonable
[ Brewery, Bar ]
1810 SE 10th Ave., Unit E
phone: (503) 343-5501
***Formerly known as Beetje Brewery***
The Commons tasting room hours are Thursday-Friday from 5-9PM and Saturday from 2-9PM.
vibe: 4.25 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4 | $$
pretty cool tasting room - buried in a modern warehouse building, <10 minute walk from cascades. Big, airy and bursting with light. Seating amongst the tanks. A good selection of their beer on tap - Boysen was a nice treat. We enjoyed this - had been meaning to swing through. The Commons makes consistently solid stuff and I have to imagine their breakthrough into "exceptional" is somewhere around the corner
04-22-2013 21:06:16 |
More by dirtylou
vibe: 4 | quality: 5 | service: 5 | selection: 4 | $$
The Commons was super hard to find but it was cool when we finally approached it. The interior is the brewery. It's not much of a taproom. There is a bar and there are some tables in various spots to enjoy your beer at. No seats. Standing room only but provides a good vibe with the barrels, etc. surrounding.
The beer is excellent. Some of the best beer being put out in Portland currently. The selection is pretty solid. All Commons beers of course. Lots to try. Regulars and specials.
The staff were super friendly on my visit. Very courteous and attentive.
Paid with Square so that was a plus. I love technology. The beer is exceptional.
09-10-2012 23:34:48 |
More by djbreezy
vibe: 4.75 | quality: 5 | service: 5 | selection: 5 | $
The commons brewery is by far one of the best breweries in Oregon. They are thinking outside the box with every beer that they produce. They have taken traditional belgian inspired beers and have transformed them into a style unto their own. They have truly made something special.
1. Atmosphere- You are literally in the brewery at this place. You are part of the process in terms of being able to view active fermentation. Beers are visibly being aged in oak barrels, bourbon barrels etc. The brewers are there on a regular basis interacting with customers. The only downside is that the brewery is open Thurs, Fri, sat for limited hours. I wish they were open seven days a week, obviously for selfish reasons.
2. Quality speaks for itself. You have to try it for yourself to appreciate the thought that goes into this beer.
3. Service- The brewers are there and are friendly, helpful, and personable. The bartender/server/ beer expert Travis is kick ass.
4. Selection: We go there 2-3 x/ month and their taplist is constantly changing, there is always something that is new and awesome
5. Food : they offer no food, however there is a customer that brings homemade bread every friday that is delicious.
01-14-2013 04:36:45 |
More by FourLights
The Commons Brewery in Portland, OR