Log in or Sign up
- Gilgamesh Brewing
No picture uploaded.
Upload it now.
send 'em beer »
Style | ABV
130+ IBU 6.3% ABV
Brewers's Notes: "Here come the hops! Handfuls of our three favorite hops (Columbus, Simcoe and Amarillo) are added every minute (for a total of 60 minutes) during the brewing process. Three pounds of hops per barrel create a well-balanced range of hoppiness. Reddish in color with a medium body, citrus and pine flavors dominate this brew."
(Beer added by: msubulldog25 on 05-04-2010)
Ratings & Reviews
| Reviews: 5 | Show All Ratings:
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
On tap at the brewpub the other day.
The beer pours a fairly dark copper color with light lacing and fairly good head retention. I didn't pick up a whole lot on the nose, but there was some noticeable "maltiness," along with some dry citrus. The flavor profile replicated the nose pretty closely, reminding me very much of a hopped up version of the DFH 60 minute IPA (a beer this seemed to be patterned after). The mid palate is really very malty, but the finish is so hoppy and bitter, that it really dries the beer out. Mouthfeel is medium bodied to full, and frankly, I was surpirsed to see the 6.3% abv., as the beer drinks like an IPA with a much higher alcohol level.
Not a terrible beer, but just not a style I like.
Serving type: on-tap
08-12-2013 19:21:46 |
More by johnmichaelsen
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5
- Pours a rather dark amber color with subtle off-white bubbly head which has settled to a nice small ring, and large island of thin foam on top. The brew is slightly cloudy, and could really almost pass as an amber. Not bad.
- This brew smells fantastic. Lovely herbal and grassy citrus hops. Pine resin, and a great grain quality that reminds me a little of a Full Sail brew. Almost has a slight pipe tobacco essence to it as well without really being a bad trait.
- Nice pine and earthy bitterness. Bready and biscuit grain really balance this puppy out. This must be a mad yeast much like what Full Sail uses.. some serious closeness to the Hop Pursuit from them. One of my favorites. This beer really touches on my taste for beer.. crisp, clean and refreshing. This could be a regular for me.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Little drying from its great bitterness. Slightly chewy, and a rather light to medium body. Well carbonated, and very easy to drink. Clean character.
- Love this beer. The hop profile is just what I like, and so is the grain bill. Both blend extremely well with one another to create a fantastic beer. This is a refillable bottle i am reviewing from, and I can't really imagine it being any better fresh from the tap, but I will have to find out.
Serving type: growler
12-27-2011 01:51:07 |
More by Docer
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.5
On tap at the Horse Brass.
Appearance: Pours a pretty dark copper color with no retention or lacing.
Smell: I get a lot of caramel malt and a lot of dank hops. Not any fruitiness or citrus to speak of.
Taste: Very close to the smell. A lot of caramel malt, and a light touch of citrus following. After that, very bitter hops. Bitter to the point that it's too much. Too much bitterness with nothing to complement.
Mouthfeel/Overall: Medium bodied with good carbonation. It feels good on the palate. Overall, I wasn't real impressed. Too much bitterness and pretty blah overall.
Serving type: on-tap
06-28-2011 04:34:54 |
More by zhanson88
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5
A pint at Applebee's South Salem of all places! Nice dark orange /amber ale with a smalleggshell white head, that hangs around all meal. Strong spicy hop aromas mainlly, slight dark fruitiness in the back. A very tea like hop structure strikes me in the taste at first after that the hopping becomes more piney, this also has a substantial maltiness to it. Have to say the mouthfeel slightly dissapointed..too thin. Overall a nice IPA..not great but OK in my book.
Serving type: bottle
10-16-2010 17:42:37 |
More by Reidrover
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5
My first review and I don't know all the lingo yet . . . just wanted to say this was one of the BEST IPA's Ive had. Making a special trip to Plews Brews to get a Growler for the 4th! It has about the perfect amount of hoppy bite with a nice carmel aftertaste.
Serving type: on-tap
07-03-2010 17:51:26 |
More by Schwelvis
Ridgeway IPA from Gilgamesh Brewing
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address