The Long Room
Taps: 35 / Bottles: 20
Cask: Y / Beer-to-Go: N
Ratings & Reviews
|Sort by: Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers|
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 3
Reviews by KBrennan1000:
3.5/5 rDev -6.2%
vibe: 3 | quality: 3 | service: 4.5 | selection: 3.5 | food: 3 | $$$
Not an overly impressive beer selection but we were able to find Kilkenny on draft, which is a nostalgic favorite and unavailable in MA. We got a flatbread pizza which was a bit overpriced for the quality and size. The service was prompt and our server was really helpful, particularly when we were brought the wrong pizza by the food runner. She immediately saw it was the wrong one, brought it back to the kitchen and came right back with the correct one. Lots of business bro-type guys here. Obnoxiously loud.
02-05-2012 15:06:25 | More by KBrennan1000
More User Reviews:
3.68/5 rDev -1.3%
vibe: 4 | quality: 3 | service: 4 | selection: 4 | $$
The Long Room is an alright place. They have a good draft selection and good bottle selection. I tend to stick to mostly the belgian beers, but enjoy venturing away from that every so often, and I think that's why I like this place. They have a good belgian selection, yet I can still get a Goose Island or Guiness. My main critique would be though, that most of the bartenders don't seem to know much about the beers, nor how to speak to others about them. I know it's tough to be an expert about every beer that you have in a bar, but when you have a large selection, it helps to know the basics and will help the customers make a decision. I like the atmosphere though, it's quite dark and I've almost always been able to find a spot at the bar to sit.
12-27-2010 23:13:26 | More by Samashley
4/5 rDev +7.2%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4 | food: 4.5 | $$$
Had a pleasant experience overall.
- decent tap list (many wasted taps, though)
- good pub grub (Buffalo Bangers and Mash were great)
- rare find in Midtown West (good food AND beer in Times Sq?)
The not good:
- ordered a Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous (have previously had on tap elsewhere), received a gold-colored Stone beer. Not a geologist, but I'd swear it was Arrogant Bastard despite what the bartender said. Other beers were as ordered and in proper, branded glassware
- some of the beer descriptions were off (Chimay "Trippel" listed as Belgian Dark)
- atmosphere at 7pm was IB happy hour - elbow-to-elbow Coors/Amstel/Heineken bottle chugging despite the 35 taps available. By 9pm, things were a lot more mellow.
Overall, good place with extensive list and decent food. Will be back when based in Midtown, but Ginger Man should be your first choice in the area if doing a day-trip.
07-15-2010 03:48:32 | More by escapegoat
The Long Room in New York, NY
N/A out of 100 based on 3 user ratings.