Log in or Sign up
Taps: 48 / Bottles: -
Cask: N / Beer-to-Go: N
$$$ - a bit pricey
[ Bar, Eatery ]
2223 North West Shore Blvd. #B202
phone: (813) 874-1919
(Place added by: Blitzstyle on 12-01-2009)
Ratings & Reviews
| Reviews: 4
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 3.5 | service: 4.5 | selection: 3.5 | food: 3.5 | $$
Bar Louie is a fungible spot on its worst day, and is about as good as you could hope for from a sports bar at the mall in Florida on its best.
The selection rotates seasonally, with a few handles switching more often than that. There are perhaps 50 taps, including some CCB, a few IPAs, a strong-ish beer or two (Doppelbock, Stout, Porter.)
The staff is very attentive in my experience, despite the outrageously large crowd at times.
The food is mehhh to me, but I have a very cultivated palate when it comes to food, and usually disdain American-style food. So it is more my tastes being elevated than the food being lowly, ya dig?
Check it out if you are looking for a beer at the Inernational Plaza (mall). It is far far better than 'The Pub' across the way.
02-23-2011 21:01:47 |
More by ktrillionaire
vibe: 3 | quality: 3.5 | service: 2.5 | selection: 3.5 | $$$
I was at the mall and had heard about Bar Louie so I stopped in. It was too early for happy hour and not at all crowded - me and 2 others at the bar. The selection was ok. Some beers that I hadn't seen around Tampa Bay such as Loose Cannon Hop 3, Flying Dog Tire Bite Golden Ale and Rogue Yellow Snow. The bartender was pretty but not very knowledgeable about the beer. I asked what style a beer was and I was handed a sheet of paper describing the beers... The place was clean and had a polished look to it, Lots of TV's with sports on. I was glad to have a place in the mall where I could get a good beer. Like another review said, not a replacement for the Oldsmar Tap House or Willard's or DHOB but I welcome anyplace in Tampa that offers craft beers.
05-06-2010 16:09:35 |
More by bob727
vibe: 4.5 | quality: 4.5 | service: 4.5 | selection: 3.5 | food: 4 | $$$
Let me start by saying I know somebody who works here and I will try not to be bias. They have about 50 taps with a mix of bmc and craft. I spent New years Eve there and drank, 60 min, jai lai,loose cannon, maduro brown, snpa,yellow snow and dead guy. They have an eclectic mix of drafts and really good food. This place is not a replacement for Oldsmar but if you are with non-craft drinkers this is a great place to have a few good pints, while can have their bmc or gateway beers. Also a good place to bring a date or find one.
Also if we BA's can float some CC, Dogfish, Rogue I will do my best to make sure the selection improves further.
01-04-2010 22:39:54 |
More by bobby8405
vibe: 3 | quality: 3 | service: 4 | selection: 3 | food: 4 | $$$
Located in International Mall off Westshore blvd. Place has 96 taps but 48 beers. They actually provide taps of the same beer on both sides of the bar. They serve bar type food (wings ect.) Most of their 48 taps include about 70% American macro's (different type of Bud and Coors, Miller offering) The other 30% has some decent beers. Including some gatewayway beer (3 types of Sam Adams) A few gems do pop out though. Cigar City has 2 taps, their Jai Alia ipa is their. This is a really trendy spot like WoB, more of a social place than a real beer place. Beers run about a buck more than they really should, compared with DHoB and OTH. Anyway It will make your wife happy if you take her here to get her martini fix and you can actually enjoy a couple of gems on tap!
12-08-2009 22:28:29 |
More by Blitzstyle
Bar Louie in Tampa, FL
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address