Another One - Maine Beer Company

Another OneAnother One

Maine Beer Company visit their website
Maine, United States

Beer added by: ToasterChef on 06-11-2013

Intensely hoppy American IPA, brewed as the light-colored counterpart to Weez (both beers incorporate the exact same kettle and dry hopping schedule). Another One has a very clean malt palate, leaving little but hoppy resins on the tongue, and finishes dry and crisp.

Hops – Warrior, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe
Reviews: 212 | Hads: 1,650

bottled 9-01-14

A: soft pour so not much head but it's beautiful orange color if you follow your pour to the end you get the haze from the bottled conditioned yeast

S: this smells like you are going to be completely blown away by citrus and fruits and maybe going to get a hung if malt and it's going to be bitter

T: this beer is pure joy in a glass if you like citrus IPAs it's dry though on the finish I mean the end snaps it doesn't linger. it's fruity deep then dry and bitterish but not super bitter

M: dry Maine beer company always surprises on the tongue with their dryness it's a very light bubbly tongue feel but so dry and the older it gets dryer it gets

O: Mindboggingly good. One of the best IPAs I've ever had it crushes Lunch by a mile it just makes your mouth smile. However it falls off like crazy has to be the yeast or something because MO does as well

Yellow, golden, goodness.
Nice head. Very floral and hoppy.
Peachy. Citrus. Oh so good. An Excellent beer.
Deliciously smooth . With No after bite.
Was very nice & wanted more.
Try some, you will not be disappointed.

4.96/5  rDev +15.9%

Cloudy apricot pour,tall three finger off white head,lots of lace in the glassware.

Amazing aroma, really one of the best in the style. Ultra bright citrus blast of peaches,naval oranges,grapefruit & pineapple. This bad boy was bottled 7 days ago on 8/6/13, and the freshness is exploding in the tulip glass. As mouth watering as it gets in terms of nose.

Fantastic blast of fresh tropical fruits exploding on the palate, maybe even more so than LUNCH, which is really saying something. Insanely drinkable, eminently enjoyable. Malt strictly for support, alcohol masterfully disguised.

Mouthfeel is light medium, fantastic body,perfect carbonation.Amazing dry & crisp finish that sits mid palate & lasts very nicely.

Once more IPA fanatics make the rounds with Another One, I have no doubt it will achieve the same "grab a bunch when you see them" status as MBC Lunch. Completely deserving of "world class" ratings here on BA, go get yourself some and have a party in your mouth!

Edit: newer bottle dated 9/3/13 was super aggressive on the carbonation, which raises the valid point of inconsistent batches, still a great IPA though.

4.89/5  rDev +14.3%

Cracked open a 16.9 ounce bomber brewed on 8/6/2013 and poured into an aptly sized pint glass. Nice two-finger head that lingered for quite a while. The smell instantly reminded me of Juniper and when I say Juniper I really mean Gin. I haven't noticed anyone else mention it but it was the most peculiar part of the pour. I was amazed at how easy it is to drink, it doesn't have the complexity of Lunch but it's near perfect for what it is. I'd drink it daily if I didn't have to trade a child to get it. Cheers.

4.88/5  rDev +14%

A deliciously piney and citrusy IPA. The taste follows the nose better than most IPAs out there. Better than Lunch IMHO. Seems as though this one is getting harder to find on the shelves.

4.88/5  rDev +14%

Maine Beer Company - Another One, poured into a DFH Spiegelau IPA glass.

Look - Pours a hazy golden copper with a massive soapy head. Lacing is exception. Body is quite bubbly. This is what I like my IPAs to look like, perfect.

Smell - Amazing tropical hop aroma with a slight sweet caramel malt underneath. Mouth watering. One of the best hop aromas I have ever experienced.

Taste - Almost creamy blended hop blast rides in , super hop forward, a hop heads dream. Malt stays where it belongs in the background. Exceptional!

Mouthfeel - Rests tropical hops, the Citra/Simcoe combo here really shines and the Warrior/Cascade created a quite unique and tasty feel. There is an ever so slight breadiness that is characteristic of most MBC IPAs here that gives it an almost medium feel. Only slightly warming from the booziness but otherwise amazing drinkability. Hard to have just one!

Overall - This brew is right up there with the greats while maintaining its own identity. Another great brew from Maine Beer Co (get it?)! 100% recommend to hop heads and IPA novices alike, would definitely purchase this brew again, and I will!

4.88/5  rDev +14%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a Sam Adams perfect pint. This beer is hazy like chunky, fresh-squeezed lemonade. Only a little more golden. About a finger of head. Lovely to look at and admire. Then you realize it's beer, and you should be drinking it.

Notes of grapefruit and pine assault my nostrils. Glorious!

I could drink this all damn day. Taste matches the nose. This baby has wow factor. I said it: WOW factor. Great mouthfeel too; bubbly carbonation dancing along your taste buds.

Maine strikes again! I only wish I'd bought more than two bottles at the store yesterday.

4.84/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Pours a cloudy golden color with a 2 finger width foamy head. Head retention and lacing are both excellent. Nice, fresh, citrus, hoppy, resin aroma. Grapefruit primarily. Very nice. Very nice, fresh, piney grapefruit taste. Great malt to hop transition. Light bodied and refreshing. Mild carbonation. Reminds me of Yellow Rose here in Texas. I have to thank my family for bringing this back down to me from Maine.

4.83/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A personal favorite, this one is worth it every time. Hazy orange with a big three finger fluffy tan head with awe inspiring retention that leaves pretty lacing all over the glass. Big juicy tropical notes with some delightful dank floral stuff. Sweet citrus a la tangerines and ripe oranges. Aftertaste is delightful. Med to light body, smooth swallow, bone dry finish that leaves that delightful juicy aftertaste.

Another beautifully done ipa from mbc; I honestly like it a bit better than lunch. Either way, this beer is worth looking out for.

4.82/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

It pours out in a hazy yellow gold color.

The aroma is just super hoppy and fresh. There’s floral, pineapple, tropical fruit, tons of sweet citrus. Its just a vibrant and big aroma.

The flavor follows on the aroma with not as much of a pronounced and obvious fruit. Clearly the Cirta is there with a light herbacious bitterness on the back.

The malt and tons of carbonation do this beer really well. I had this super fresh, only 2-3 weeks old and it really is a treat.

This is the beer to have, over Lunch. Hype goes to this one! This is a Citra bomb!

4.82/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Drank from a Samuel Smith Nonic Pint.

Appearance: Golden color, slightly hazy, a large 2'' head was produced from a mild/average pour. Lacing was quite good.

Smell: Smells of pineapples and oranges, tons of mango, a bit of guava.

Taste: Taste is pineapple, a little peach, a good bit of orange, and an underlying pine bitterness, particularly in the finish.

Mouthfeel: Refreshing and dry, like all Maine Beer Co. beers. Awesome.

Overall: Super refreshing ... soooo good!

4.81/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Look: cloudy, yellow, thin white head
Smell: Piney, citrus, hops
Taste: Great local IPA, subtle everything
Feel: Medium body, hangs on the tongue
Overall: Great Beer, if you can find it or trade for it... do so!

4.8/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

16.9oz bottle poured into IPA glass. Date on the bottle prints 05/06/2014. Golden-yellow in color with a pretty big frothy head that slowly reduces to a thin layer. Lacing is quite sticky and adheres generously to the sides of the glass. Aromatic bouquet of multiple types of citrus with grapefruit taking a front row seat. Tastes of grapefruit, other citrus, and the hops have a real nice bite on the tongue. Smooth, quite hoppy, and the palate is coated well. I enjoyed indulging Another One and can't wait to pick up another one. Another hit by the Maine Beer Company!

4.79/5  rDev +11.9%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: Hazy amber color with a thin white head that lingered. No lacing on the glass.

Smell: Very strong citrus/hops

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth medium bodied. Taste of string bitter hops with a hint of sweeter citrus notes.

Overall: One of the best IPAs I have had!

4.77/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

L - hazy yellow straw, medium - big head after being poured into trillium tulip. whenever i see this kind of color in an IPA I start to get super excited. I know it's going to be floral and citrusy. so excited. 4.75
S - yes!!!! not bursting out of the seams smell but very distinctly floral & lightly citrusy. grapefruit & pine. 4.5
T - PERFECT IPA taste for my tastes. I can't even explain how much I love this beer. perfectly balanced IPA. This might be the favorite IPA i've had to date. I think I like it better than Lunch AND Dinner - although it's hard to compare to any doubles because it is clearly not a double IPA. honestly, 5/5 on taste!!
F - very nice feel, medium carbonation.
O - UNBELIEVABLE IPA. MBC is unreal. I love this brewery and am so thankful to have a couple good traders out of Maine/VT

4.77/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

#800 for me, so I saved it for a good company.

Had on-tap at their tasting room in Freeport. Poured into a mini-snifter.

A - bit of a darker IPA, but a nice dark, honey gold colour. Little head, but par for the course.
S - WHOA! if I close my eyes I would think I had stuck my nose in a grapefruit. There's hops in there, but this is almost pure citrus. I love it.
T - and a great follow-up of citrus-y taste. I actually cannot remember an IPA I have had that was this citrus-y. Yum. Some hop bitterness on the finish, and this pretty much crushed my palate for some of the other beers I was tasting (although they were palate bombs too, so I was sufficiently wrecked for a few hours after the tasting, not that I'm complaining).
M - nice carbonation, not too intense, great drinkability.
O - the obvious thing to say at the end of this review would be something like "I would definitely have Another One." But man, now I am craving this beer. They unfortunately just stopped bottling this for the season :(, although it is at my bottle shop, albeit probably 6 months old and probably no good. Still, I liked this beer so much that I will probably buy one of those old ones in the hopes that it's somewhere close to this caliber of greatness.

In my opinion, this is a more enjoyable IPA than Lunch. While Lunch is better balanced, if you like lots of citrus and hops in your IPA I would go for this beer. This is probably one of my favourite IPA's from anywhere ever. That's a bold statement, but I mean it.

4.75/5  rDev +11%

Wow this is good. My first Maine Beer and I'm very impressed.

This beer has a beautiful golden yellow and slightly cloudy appearance with a white head. Sticky lacing and the head lingers for the whole brew.

Smell hits you strongly as you pour with pine, citrus, and dank herby hops.

Taste is incredibly balanced. Bitter hops, bready malt and a slightly sweet finish. The hops range from floral and citrus to pine and dank earthy goodness.

This is better than just about any Pale Ale out there. Gives Zombie Dust a run for its money.

4.75/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Excellent beer... The fresher the better. Heavy citrus and peach notes... Awesome.. I prefer it to Lunch which is another of their very good offerings

4.75/5  rDev +11%

I hail from Maine, so I am biased.
Moving on, get up here while it's good! This is a local microbrewery with one of the best brew pubs I've seen. Good beer doesn't necessarily *have* to be expensive, which is an idea lost on a lot of craft breweries, this appears to be one exception. It's just damn good.

4.75/5  rDev +11%

This beer has the perfect balance of citrus and pine. Enough bite up front with a delicious and clean citrus-pine finish. Not a fan of the pint format, but I'll still be buying many more of these.

4.73/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A - Pours a light glowing hazy yellow/straw color. Monstrous 3 finger white head, fantastic retention and perfect lacing. Heaps of mountainous head remain 10 minutes later.

S - Big fresh brisk hoppy aromas, mango/pineapple and floral/resinous, wet, extremely juicy hops. Smells fantastic.

T - Citric rinds and bitter hops. Leafy and resinous. Light citrus flavors and slight tropical juicy fruity flavors. Sweet malts are briefly/mildly present, slightly peppery and biscuity. Dry then wet bitter aftertaste. It works, its fantastic.

M - Absolutely perfect. Light and refreshing, decently carbonated, one of the most refreshing beers I've ever had, with ease.

O - Somewhat one dimensional but so incredibly tasty and refreshing. Looks and mouth feel are perfect. The only way I could ding this beer is for being simple but it does it oh so well.

4.72/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a Dogfish Spiegelau glass. Label says 092314.

A- Pours a light amber color with a 1/2 inch off-white head that retains well before becoming a thick ring around the edge of the glass and a full sheet of surface foam. Resilient lacing leaves a jagged ring behind.

S- Wonderful resinous, citrusy, piney and floral hops burst from the glass and ignite my tastebuds.

T- Powerful citrus notes such as pineapple, papaya and grapefruit. Assertive but restrained bitterness is spot-on. Nice lemony aftertaste. Incredibly drinkable.

M- Sharp but not overly so with medium carbonation and a lightish body.

O- Better than Lunch for sure. These guys are really honing in on what makes a great IPA. I say keep 'em comin'. This one has worked its way into my top ten favorite IPAs.

4.71/5  rDev +10%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

500mL bottle with a 12/16/14 date.

Nice, juicy IPA, with soft, clean finish. Very fruity, hoppy aroma. Similar to other northeast IPAs that I enjoy. Really good. I like it more than Lunch, which is more west-coast in style.

4.69/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Pleasantly light golden-yellow haze with a fluffy two-finger foam; head hung around for a while and then left a thin layer throughout. First sip felt like there was an intense hops carpet bombing campaign being executed against my mouth (seriously, it was pretty awesome). Smell is full of floral citrus hops. Big citrus and slight peach taste with a nice bitter finish, but the type of bitter you desire in an American IPA. Incredibly clean and fresh overall, excellent experience.

Instantly one of my favorites, can't wait to have it again!

4.68/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured from a 16.9 oz. bottle dated 10/20/15, today being 11/12/15. Pours a slightly hazy yellow-green-gold with a finger of dense white head that never completely goes away. Nice attractive lacing. It's a good-looking beer. I'm so used to a big piney/grapefruit initial smell on IPAs that this one took me by surprise. The first thing that hit my nose was a lovely floral scent, specifically rose petals, which I can't say I've ever encountered before. As it warms the smell becomes more tropical fruits and earthy herbs, but I still get the rose notes with the addition of lemon.

Taste is pretty extraordinary. Starts with the grapefruit plus orange, and unfolds in a complex progression of piney/fruity/earthy flavors, with a mildly bitter finish that is just slightly dry. Also in the finish is a piney, peppery herbal spiciness that's subtle but welcome.

Feel is near perfect. The beer looks thin but drinks beautifully, with excellent balance between carbonation and body. It's neither oily nor watery.

Maybe its lack of extremeness counts against it, but this is a world-class beer in my opinion, massively complex and satisfying.

Another One from Maine Beer Company