Pumpkenbush - Snake River Brewing Company & Brewpub

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: Siriusfisherman on 10-26-2012

4.08/5  rDev +4.6%

Howler style.

It pours a dark gold with a 2 finger head of foam and is good with the lacing.

Huge aromas of pumpkin and the spices that go with it like nutmeg and cinnamon. Iy also has somewhat of a yeasty character.

Spicy pumpkin flavour from the get go with some yeasty notes and a light flavour of some tartness that fits like a glove. I just checked out Snake River's website and they say they also threw in some squash to the brew kettle. Kind of weird but man, this is a good brew.

On the high end of medium bodied with medium carbonation, the mouthfeel is fine.

This is a winner in my book. The only quibble I have is the abv...a bit higher than I'd like to see and a bit more noticeable than I'd like. Still, very worthy of your attention.

3.92/5  rDev +0.5%

A great pumpkin ale, and a very interesting season. I will elaborate my review when I get to a computer. But for now, upfront Is a huge carbonation kick, then the spices roll in, cinnamon and nutmeg, then come some Belgian style flavors, clove and a light yeast breadiness.

Pumpkenbush from Snake River Brewing Company & Brewpub
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.