Log in or Sign up
- Southern Oregon Brewing Company
No picture uploaded.
Upload it now.
send 'em beer »
Southern Oregon Brewing Company
Style | ABV
American Double / Imperial IPA
No notes at this time.
(Beer added by: Docer on 08-19-2012)
Ratings & Reviews
| Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2 | feel: 3 | overall: 2
had out of a bottle from store
gave it a shot, had not seen this brewery before
looked and smelled okay. nothing great or bad. looked like a standard IPA
mouthfeel was fine too.
taste was super disappointing. just a hollow empty, vague IPA flavor. almost like how Subway sandwich vegetables taste vaguely like what they are supposed to, only watered down. kind of bitter on the back end, no flavor or balance. never going to buy again. this looks to be about par for the course with this brewery. not sure that I would go into beer making business in the pacific NW if I did not have some kick ass product to put out. competition is fierce.
Serving type: bottle
07-26-2013 18:06:49 |
More by derftron
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
- Pours a very dark molasses brown and is rather clear. It's pretty darn dark for a pale. I think a pale usually means it's pale in color. It has a nice finger of off-white head and settles to a thin layer covering most all of the beer, and leaves a nice bit of lace and ring in the glass. Dark though..
- To me this must be an English style brew. The aroma is light, masked, and really consists of some bready and wheat-like malts. I get a lot of aromas that are much like a German dark malt as well. The hops are not really in the ticket as far as aroma other than maybe some bitter grassy earth. Interesting.
- Sweet bready dark malts with a flare of esters and tobacco. It's actually rather darn tasty, but to call this an imperial IPA is blasphemy. It's high in esters, fruit notes, and a bitter grassy hop. It's the farthest thing from a west coast style IPA, but more a German or English malt forward representation. It's good, solid, and a nice international strong ale. Brewed here of course...
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- It creates a nice full body with a chewy and cloying feel. Overall the bittering hops do dry it up a bit, and truly balances the sweet stickiness that could exist. The flavors left behind of the malts are very nice, and there is nothing to say this beer doesn't feel very good.
- If they called this beer an imperial ESB, it would have achieved a much higher score. I was expecting an IPA, and got a nice strong bitter malt-forward ale which does in fact have a wonderful flavor, it is clean, and drinks very well. I like to judge on style though. If an imperial ESB or strong ale, this might just get a near 4/5 from me. But as a double IPA?
Serving type: bottle
08-19-2012 02:42:25 |
More by Docer
Big Rack from Southern Oregon Brewing Company
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address