Log in or Sign up
No picture uploaded.
Upload it now
Taps: - / Bottles: -
Cask: N / Beer-to-Go: N
$$ - reasonable
[ Bar, Eatery, Store ]
595 Valley Rd
phone: (775) 323-7646
vibe: 4 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3.5 | selection: 3.5 | food: 4 | $$$
Well if you want the most bomb ass bockwurst or bratwurst, this is probably your best bet in Reno. As far as beer goes, well, I hope you're into the German stuff, bc that's about 90% of what they carry, with the other 10% being other European stuff of the same ilk.
Located in one of the many sketchy parts of Reno, but nothing to really worry about during the daytime. The food is pretty cool, I recommend everyone stop in for dinner sometime, it won't be mindblowing or anything, but, it is a very unique place, especially since most of Reno is of the cookie cutter variety when it comes to restaurants and beer locations.
They have lots of the regulars from Germany, many of which you won't find anywhere else in Northern Nevada. Prices are a little bit up there, but what can you do?
12-15-2010 18:11:21 |
More by Beerandraiderfan
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4.5 | selection: 4 | food: 4 | $$
Location is in a semi-sketchy area in Reno, and doesn't look very clean at first sight.
Inside it is actually split into two separate areas - on the right is the bakery with packaged goods for sale, many imported items (candy, magazines, etc... all in German of course). On the left is the restaurant, with traditional dining setup. They need to kill the annoying beep system that lets them know a customer has walked in, or at least switch to a new one. Jeez.
Menu is authentic German with MANY choices, perhaps too many. Broad selection of German beers are available. Service is good.
German speakers in the restaurant, as expected, and a nice assortment of German cars on the day that I visited. This must be the place!
07-17-2008 22:54:33 |
More by yemenmocha
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4.5 | selection: 4 | food: 4.5 | $$
Well, I didn't know what catagory to list this place under. It's more like a family restaurant/gift shop that happens to sell beer. A cool bavarian/german place in a seedy part of Reno, that happens to have about the best selection of german brews I have seen in a while. Apparantly my Mom has been going there to get handmade pretzels for years. Plus the breakfast is pretty amazing as well. Tons of authentic bavarian dishes for breakfast, linch or dinner. The prices are a bit steep for food and maybe just a tad steep for the beer as well. They have a full isle at the back of the store with the full line up from Paulaner, Spaten, Weihenstephaner and other various german brews. Pretty much every variety from each brand. I didn't buy any, because I can get all of them in the bay area for a bit cheaper, but it was pretty cool to see them all in one place. Cool place to grab a bit to eat and fill your car with quality brews if you happen to be in Reno in August when it's over 100 degrees.
05-19-2005 16:41:03 |
More by GClarkage
vibe: 5 | quality: 5 | service: 4.5 | selection: 4.5 | food: 4.5 | $$
I met the owner Claus Ginchel a few years back, and decided to give his place a try. first of all, this is the best German Bakery I've ever been to outside Munich. The food is authentic german, and they have over 70 different varieties of Sausage. In the back of the restaurant , past the dining room and ballroom dancefloor is the bar. Dark and Dank. Ols Spaten Brau Posters up and the draft selction: Paulaner Hefeweizzen, Spaten optimator, Wartsteiner, becks Dark, and Spaten Premium and the Pils. you can have half or full litres of each. Wash it down with an Underberg bitters! The Bierknackers are delicious little sausages that go great with the heavy dijon mustard. Back behind the delicateesen is a gift shop and tons of coolers loaded with fine German Beers. Plenty of Glassware and steins to purchase. A must stop in reno
02-05-2007 04:30:10 |
More by Delerium
Bavarian World in Reno, NV