Jet Rock Bar & Grill
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Taps: 48 / Bottles: -
Cask: N / Beer-to-Go: N
Ratings & Reviews
|Sort by: Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers|
|« first ‹ prev | 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | next › last »|
Ratings: 23 | Reviews: 21 | Show All Ratings:
3.8/5 rDev +4.1%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 4 | service: 3 | selection: 4.5 | $$$$
When I had to travel by plane/jet twice in the past year I stopped at the Jet Rock both times. The selection is very good, if fact the most taps in any bar in city limits can be found at the Jet Rock. Why in the world is this place at the air terminal though When looking up beer bars on the internet there is nearly no mention of the Jet Rock. Im glad someone added this to the system .now people flying out of Philly can enjoy a couple nice brews and fall asleep on the ride back to who-knows-where, albeit at a costly 15$ for two 16-20ozers. Ill be stopping by soon for at least one brew when I head down to the Bahamas.
05-03-2005 00:21:54 | More by WilliamPhilaPa
3.38/5 rDev -7.4%
vibe: 4 | quality: 2.5 | service: 3.5 | selection: 4 | $$
A four hour layover would drive anyone to a beer. Luckily in the Philly airport there's a couple good places to choose from. I dug the atmosphere of this place - it's rare, in my experience, to come across a sports bar that's got more than BMC. Several tvs visible at all angles around the bar. Service was quite busy and so took longer than I would have liked, but friendly and cordial... didn't seem to know a whole lot about the beer - at least, they weren't able to tell me anything I didn't already know. I was extremely impressed to see a 48 tap bar in an airport, but when I looked closer I saw that everything was mass produced. In fact, there were only two beers that impressed me when I looked at the list: Stoudt's APA and one called Bare Knuckle Stout. I didn't know at the time that the stout was from A-B! So, a cool list to look over, but disappointing by the time you reach the end of it.
Did not try the food, but everything looked about right. American affair, moderate price (as far as airports go). And the cocktails looked delicious.
10-12-2006 23:37:08 | More by clickpush
3.5/5 rDev -4.1%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3 | selection: 4 | $$$
Stopped in while waiting for a flight. It lived up (or down, depending on your perspective) to the other reviews posted here.
The atmosphere was about what you'd expect in a busy airport bar, on the loud side but it was possible to find a place to just sit and relax before the flight. They have plenty of space and so even though it fairly crowded a seat could be found.
The 48 taps contained a reasonable selection of local beers (as well as the national brands) and I was pleased to find at least one local beer I had not tried yet.
Given the busyness of the place while I was there the service was acceptable but perfunctory and not exceptional (The girl did remember eventually that I'd also asked for a glass of water. )
I'll certainly would be fine with going back next time I have a wait in this terminal.
11-02-2010 01:27:45 | More by drtth
3.68/5 rDev +0.8%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3.5 | selection: 4 | food: 4 | $$
There are actually 4 Jet Rock cafe's in the Philly Airport. Ive been to the ones in Terminal B and C. The one in Terminal B, near Gate B6, is smaller and usually more crowded. There is also one at the tail end of Terminal C that has a longer serpentine bar and was less crowded when I stopped there.
Both locations have 48 beers on tap. Mostly the standard American and Euro Macro lagers but a few good ones also show up. When I was there there was Victory Hop Devil, Magic Hat #9, and Sam Adams Octoberfest.
Food was standard slightly upscale bar fare, my hamburger was good. I have had mixed service at either location, depending on the bartender. Decor is music-themed sports bar with lots of TVs. They can get loud at times, especially the Terminal B location. Prices are reasonable given the standard airport markup.
Overall, a good place to stop for a Hop Devil if you can find a seat. Since youre flying out of Philly, theres a 95% chance your plane will be late (the other 5% arent flying US Airways).
09-24-2006 00:24:10 | More by jasonm
4/5 rDev +9.6%
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 4 | selection: 4 | food: 4 | $$
Terminal B...thanks to the Philly BAs for guiding me here. Lots of TVs with the sportsbar vibe. Big u-shaped bar packed with a good bit of high and low top tables. 40 or so taps with some goodies- Dock Street Rye IPA, Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel, DFH 60, Troegs Dreamweaver & Donnybrook. Also have some Anchor, Magic Hat, Long Trail, Yards and 5 Yuengling taps. Philly cheese steak with fries for $9 is not bad at all for an airport joint. Typical sports bar food menu but pretty extensive. Service quick and purty.
08-26-2010 19:31:52 | More by RustyDiamond
3.4/5 rDev -6.8%
vibe: 4 | quality: 4 | service: 3.5 | selection: 2.5 | food: 3 | $$
Atm: Roomy and open, which is really nice when you're in an airport restaurant. Nice bar w/ lots of taps, and lots of tables.
Qua: CLEAN! Very clean.
Ser: Wasn't half bad. There is someone behind the bar at all times so your beer is always watched to be refilled.
Sel: About the only good beer they have (on tap) is Victory Hop Devil (breakfast in a glass). Everything else is basically macros.
Food: Average airport food (but I really didn't do much eating).
Val: Not too shabby considering I was sitting in an airport restaurant.
This is the one good thing about in being in the Philadelphia Airport.
11-19-2007 04:01:02 | More by gkatsoris
3.45/5 rDev -5.5%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3 | selection: 4 | food: 3 | $$
Not a bad way to kill a delayed flight. I think I was in terminal C, but I could be mistaken. Long bar that wraps around to the back side - maybe 25-30 seats and then tables all around the perimeter. 48 beers on tap, no bottles. Some decent stuff - Hop Devil, Stoudt's APA, Anchor Steam...
The service could have been better seeing as it was pretty dead at the time. Food was so-so. Wings were good, but avoid the nachos.
There is also a pool table, which I have never seen in an airport before. I just wish I had noticed it earlier.
12-27-2006 16:26:41 | More by paddyos
3.58/5 rDev -1.9%
vibe: 3 | quality: 3.5 | service: 4 | selection: 3.5 | $$
I'm at the jet rock in the D terminal here at Philadelphia International. While the list technically has over 40 taps only a little over half is "craft beer". The place is absolutely jammed with but one or two open tables and no room at the bar. Considering this, the service is actually quite good. I had a beer within 5 minutes of sitting down at my table.
I'm not getting any food, and it seems the standard beer glass here is a ~20 oz. "brutus" glass like they use at Buffllo Wild Wings. The craft beers available are rather tame, but there is decent range of styles to choose from. They have a few pale/IPAs , browns, stouts, ambers, and a whole lot of lagers. I'm having a Hennepin and a Yard's Love Stout. Both came to abot $9.50 each. Not too bad for a ~ 20 oz pour in an airport, in my estimation.
The ambiance is akin to a poor man's Hard Rock Cafe with a smattering of musical plaques and memorabilia. There is a nice view of the D and E terminals out 2 of the back walls, if you're into that kind of thing. The are about 20 TVs n the joint (all old tube style) showing sports and CNN.
Overall - would recommend/ come back.
08-08-2013 00:29:02 | More by spartanfan
3.48/5 rDev -4.7%
vibe: 3.5 | quality: 3.5 | service: 3 | selection: 3.5 | food: 4.5 | $$$$
Decent atmosphere - not too cramped - a little cutesy w/ the guitars but plenty of TVs. More importantly, there were 48 beers on tap (no bottles). Not a lot of hard to find beers, but they did have Victory Hop Devil & Stouts APA. I also noticed Murphy's, Sierra Nevada, Magic Hat, Boddingtons, a couple from Sam Adams, Bareknuckle Stout, and some more common stuff Fosters, Michelob, etc.
As for the food, it was more or less a typical bar menu - but this is Philly, and a cheesesteak w/ wiz & fried onions is a hell of a last meal for someone that probably won't see PA again until the fall. I'm sure there are far better cheesesteaks in Philly, but not in the McGuire area, and not that I recall in NEPA. (and they can't even spell cheesesteak here in OK - though they try to pass off a lot of crap as Philly this and Philly that. It's insulting, and I'm not even from Philly.)
Anyway, bottom line is the beer selection is great for an airport bar, but pretty crummy for a beer bar - so my rating reflects my confusion.
I think I paid over $8 for a Bare Knuckle Stout. Not that they had Victory Storm King or another great R.I.S., but what would that cost, $20?
07-21-2007 02:27:54 | More by OKCNittany
2.95/5 rDev -19.2%
vibe: 3 | quality: 2 | service: 2.5 | selection: 4.5 | food: 3 | $$$$
I have never been so badly ripped off in my life before. What an outrageous swindle, outright daylight robbery. Not even in the most expensive bar in London or NYC have I ever been robbed so badly as I was here tonight.
I ordered a 22 ounce draft cider, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple (OH) cider (ABV 5.0%) and was presented with a bill for...wait for it ... $16.45!
$16.45! Can you believe it?
How do these crooks and robbers sleep at night ?
this place is a massive rip-off and a swindle. Stay away ... there are much cheaper places to get a drink at PHL airport than this robbers' nest.
This is without doubt the WORST swindle I have ever encountered.
12-28-2012 23:13:26 | More by UKBoozer
|« first ‹ prev | 1-10 | 11-20 | 21-30 | next › last »|
Jet Rock Bar & Grill in Philadelphia, PA
85 out of 100 based on 23 user ratings.