Log in or Sign up
Skookum Creek Ale
- Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
Displayed for educational use only; do not reuse.
send 'em beer »
Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
Style | ABV
American Strong Ale
"A great winter offering, Skookum Creek Strong is a medium-bodied strong ale with substantial hop presence. Utilizing seven different specialty malts, along with four hop varieties, this ale provides the malt complexity and hop presence our region of the country is known for. Relax and enjoy some of winter's finest."
Grains: Crisp 45, Munich, Breiss 60L, Carapils, Victory, Crisp 77, Honeymalt
Hops: Willamette, Simcoe, Centennial, Cascade
Original Gravity: 1.068
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Ok unusual find at a convienience store on Commercial Street,Salem 22 oz bomber. Nice looking amber ale with a lovelly light tan head. Good aromas mainlly toffeeish/bready malts, hint of hops Smooth malty taste to this one, honeyish,caramel And bread. And at thye very end a lasting but slight hop betterness. Very nice. Good palate on this smooth and rich goes down a treat. Overall very impressed with this one. I was scared seeing were it came from but its held up to the florescents ok. Good beer from Cascade Lakes.
Serving type: bottle
04-12-2010 03:48:29 |
More by Reidrover
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Snagged a bottle of this at a new Whole Foods in NE PDX.
Never seen anywhere... and after trying their IPA for the first time a few days ago... I am already a big fan.
- Dark clear copper with a thin white foamy head... down toa swamp of white lace-maker.
- Sweet caramel malts with a brown sugary apple scent... bitter citrus hops galore.... fruit salad.
- Surprisingly light flavor up front with a sweet applewood-like flavor... seriously almost oak and wood... very flavorful on the swallow and finish.... grains, barley, earthiness.. sweet hops... pine, citrus, fruit salad...
- Medium bodied as stated.... bit chewy, somewhat dry....
- Overall a very unique brew that I could swear has sat in a few oak barrels for awhile. Very smooth and drinkable, and not overly strong to the point where drinkability suffers.
Serving type: bottle
01-14-2010 20:58:21 |
More by Docer
Skookum Creek Ale from Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
Top 250 Beers