Log in or Sign up
- Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
No picture uploaded.
Upload it now.
send 'em beer »
Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
Style | ABV
American Amber / Red Ale
"This Red Ale exhibits a copper red color provided by generous amounts of three kinds of crystal malt. These malts also lend a substantial malty character that is balanced by three different American hop varieties, resulting in a full-bodied ale that as a vigorous American hop presence."
Grain: Pale, Crystals & Cara-pils
Hops: Centennial, Amarillo & Cascade
Original Gravity: 1.054
(Beer added by: SurlyDuff on 04-28-2008)
Ratings & Reviews
| Reviews: 2
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5
Buddy filled up a growler of this at their Bend lodge... and dropped it off to my home here in Gresham... what a guy!
- Dark and clear red ruby brew with a big fluffy white head down to a nice thick ring and slew..
- Light sweetness... caramel... little touch of an off growler smell which I am sure will go away on the second glass... citrusy and bitter zesty hops...
- Zesty pine and citrus hops... perfectly sweetened malting.. fresh, sweet... zesty... balanced... nice balanced red.. really good.
- Medium bodied.. slightly chewy and drying... as a red should be. Perfect carbonation... really perfect. Even two days later in a growler.
- Overall another solid brew from Cascade Lakes. Every standard beer I have had from them has been nothing less than fantastic and solid.. and for a favorite style, this red really hits the high marks. One of my favorite brewers.
Serving type: growler
06-28-2010 21:09:08 |
More by Docer
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
Had this ontap at their Lodge in Bend.
Pours a reddish copper with hardly any head.
Lots of hops in the nose. Spicy and bitter grapefruity citrus. Very IPA-ish.
The hops are a bit muted in the taste. It seems they did some dryhopping that just left a ton of aroma with a fairly weak hop presense in the taste. Big malt profile from Cara-pils, crystal and pale malts.
Decent medium to full mouthfeel with a good balance. Perhaps a bit undercarbonated.
Enjoyed this one outside yesterday on their back patio. Really nice weather for once! Overall a really good drinkable beer, one of my favorites they offer.
Serving type: on-tap
04-28-2008 14:35:12 |
More by SurlyDuff
Riverside Red from Cascade Lakes Brewing Co.
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address